“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because our son was graduating from Colby in Waterville and Waterville was full. The staff is very accomodating. My daughter And I had mAssages. Mine was great with Bob. Hers was meh with Kallie. The breakfast buffet is very good. The rooms are a little outdated but clean. The walls are thin and you can hear other people's TVs and phone ringing

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Allilluu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Sunapee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my third time to the Senator and my favorite stay. I had lunch and dinner and the food was outstanding. My room was perfect and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I am hoping on my next stay that I will have time to enjoy the spa and pool.

1 Thank Daina S
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing Daina!
Stratton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were passing through, looking for a place to stay overnight. We were given such a great room, a free upgrade for $99! We were so thrilled with our stay, and the beautiful room, without having to pay nearly what we expected. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The staff was excellent, and Housekeeping even mailed me my jacket that I left behind! We are going to do this more often. It could not have been a better time! I HIGHLY recommend the Senator Inn and Spa.

Room Tip: We were in Room 210, and it was luxurious, and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recommendation BeckyR. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Maine soon!
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My first time to the Senator Inn I had a AAA Spa package given as a birthday gift.
My first time writing a review, Could not had a more pleasant experience.
The food at Cloud 9 Restaurant was outstanding. The foodies need to come and rate them and bring the business they deserve.
The hour long massage was outstanding, The spa facility is top of the line.
The pool is beautiful and restful. If you are looking for quiet this is the place to go.
The hotel is clean the staff is attentive.

Room Tip: My only suggestion is to add meat to the complementary breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary R,
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It is our passion to create a fun & relaxing experience for all of our guests and we thank you for sharing yours with us!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Senator and have had a great experience both times. Customer service is terrific, even when I checked in after midnight due to travel delays. Remember when you are booking that the room fee includes breakfast, and it's fancy buffet, just leave a nice tip for your server!
My rooms have been clean both times. My room had "telebathroom" last trip, bathroom had both a telephone and a television in it. Both rooms had a little fridge, coffeemaker and microwave, very handy. The restaurant is truly gourmet at reasonable prices. Altogether a real value for your travel dollar. This place deserves to be rewarded with your business.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation. It is our privilege to serve your Augusta Maine lodging needs. We hope to see you again soon!
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My sisters and I meet at the Senator Inn twice a year. We have massages and shop in the area. We stayed in the spa suite last time and it was absolutely perfect for us. I have always found it to be clean and the staff is attentive. I will be booking there again!

Room Tip: Spa suite has an extra sitting room, fireplace, jet tub. Very roomy and no problem with noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your candid feedback RedSoxGirlPortland!. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and hope to see you again soon!
Western Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

First time to Senator Inn on business. Cloud 9 Restaurant was awesome! We were there on burgers and beer night and heard many rave reviews from coworkers. I couldn't decide between the lobster, scallion and seaweed pizza or the butternut squash & greens with gorgonzola and balsamic glaze-went for the latter, and it was great! The spa is open nice and early at 5 am and open pretty late-and the pool is really beautiful-think Italian grotto with big ceilings and a nice hot tub. Every kind of work out equipment you could want and classes too-locals also use the facilities (and many legislators stay here too). Loved the sauna and the orange coffee offered in a.m. and one of the only places I have been to that serves Stevia natural sweetener. Continental breakfast and coffee in lobby early also nice. Place is laid out like a maze, so it is easy to get lost, and have to agree, the rooms are really wierd-like they are from the 50's with old tile and not enough plugs. Bed was very comfy though and wifi was fine. Would stay again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor.com community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
No photo provided
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!