“Always Great”

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have made the Best Western Senator Inn and Spa in Augusta Maine a stopover for the past several years on our way to Florida. We have never once been disappointed with any aspect of this hotel. The staff is gracious, the rooms are clean and well appointed and the restaurant is top shelf. Try their prime rib! The prices are competitive too! I do not think you can go wrong here.
Pets are welcome and there is no smoking. All good!

Room Tip: Rooms inside the "horseshoe" are convenient to access from outside. The annex is really ni...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Following the advice of Trip Advisor evaluators, we stayed in a Presidential room, and very glad we did. We cherish cleanliness, and clean it was. Not just the room, but the hallways, the restaurant, spa, hot-tub, steam room, sauna, and spa changing area. We enjoyed a King bed, and our Grand-daughter the sofa fold-out bed. The heating system was great, as was the TV and bathroom facility. We chuckled at having a TV in the bathroom, but we used it and loved having that convenience. The Cloud 9 restaurant complimentary breakfast was superb. If you are a spa user, then this hotel can not be beat by any other hotel in the Augusta area. And the spa is included free with the room expense! We travel fairly often, and this hotel-breakfast-spa package is the best value we have seen anywhere!

Room Tip: We needed a room that we could get to without climbing stairs. Our Presidential room was on the seco...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CaptainDG
JDDWentworth, Front Office Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Captain DG,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor.com community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return.

Jason Wentworth
Front Office Manager

"Like Us" on Facebook.com to stay up to date with our specials and promotions!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is OK. Nothing great.
Kind of a confusing layout to get from
your room to different areas of the hotel.

My room was large. Not very cherry, was rather dark and
gloomy feeling. Bathroom in need of a major update.
Was clean but so worn looked dirty.

My room was clean when we got there. But the maid
did an awful job cleaning after our 1st night.
Starting with the bathroom. Our shampoo, soap, lotion...
was not replenished. Got only 3 towels.
In my suitcase I had not shut my powder tightly so when traveling I had a lot of powder on my clothes.
When I un packed I laid my clothes on top of the dresser. Naturally powder got on top of the dresser.
This was not wiped off. Night tables were not wiped down.

Bed not very comfortable

Free continental breakfast. It was ok. Lets face it a continental breakfast is a continental breakfast.
It wasn’t set up in a very convenient way.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lovetotravelandread
JDDWentworth, Public Relations Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear lovetotravelandread,

We have a variety of rooms here at the Senator Inn that range from an economy room with a single queen bed to a luxury suite with a Jacuzzi tub. Our economy rooms give us the ability to offer low rates while still being able to provide the full amenities of the spa and restaurant. We are constantly updating and renovating our property and apologize if the condition of your room was unsatisfactory.

As the Guest Services Manager I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and to provide you with a satisfying resolution. Our contact information can be found on the Senator Inn website

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Large hotel, I think they said 180 rooms. Our room was quite dated, like early 80s but had a large screen LCD tv and very comply bed. Staff are great, service is awesome. The included breakfast was better than most hotels I've stayed at.
They have a spa and you can tell they started their renovations there. Beautiful spa and a great pool.
If they renovated the rooms and did a good cleaning in the halls this would be a great hotel instead of a good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank James G
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second time my gentleman friend and I have stayed at this hotel. Each time we have found it very nice for the price. The room was large and the beds comfortable with adequate bedding. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying and" held" us until lunch time. On our previous visit we had an evening meal in the dining room. The food was excellent but we thought a little pricey.
A really nice surprise this time--it had snowed during the night and in the morning my friend went out prepared to clean off the car, and someone hd already done it !!! All the other cars were also cleaned off. A hotel extra service--no charge!!!!

Room Tip: Both times we have stayed in newer rooms--ask for one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Priscilla_56_12
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Senator for two nights in Nov, 2012. First of all, the place is really big. It just keeps going and going. Check in was without issue and we found our room with ease. The room itself was certainly old. The carpet and couch looked dingy, but then they had this huge flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom felt dirty, but they had spa supplies and wonderful huge bathtowels. We could hear the people in the next room, but once you shut the bathroom door, there was no sound.

The breakfast was fine, for an included hot breakfast. It was nice not to be crammed in a small room. We ate at the restaurant for supper and I had the seafood alfredo. It said it had lobster, scallops and shrimp. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything special. But I must say, it was delicious. My pasta had three lobster claws in it, plus a bunch of other peices. And the scallops were huge. Very yummy. My hubby had the pepperoni pizza and said it was tasty.

The pool is fabulous. The spa looks gorgeous, but we didn't partake in anything.

So this is a very bipolar place. Some parts need a lot of work, but other parts are fabulous. And before I forget, the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ghostpoo
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid, i was surprised at how nice the room was. breakfast was complementary and was also quite good. i was also quite impressed to get free access to the fitness centre, which was extensive and busy.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank magnet1710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
2 mi away
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!