“Second time around !!!!”
Review of Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second time my gentleman friend and I have stayed at this hotel. Each time we have found it very nice for the price. The room was large and the beds comfortable with adequate bedding. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying and" held" us until lunch time. On our previous visit we had an evening meal in the dining room. The food was excellent but we thought a little pricey.
A really nice surprise this time--it had snowed during the night and in the morning my friend went out prepared to clean off the car, and someone hd already done it !!! All the other cars were also cleaned off. A hotel extra service--no charge!!!!

Room Tip: Both times we have stayed in newer rooms--ask for one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Priscilla_56_12

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Senator for two nights in Nov, 2012. First of all, the place is really big. It just keeps going and going. Check in was without issue and we found our room with ease. The room itself was certainly old. The carpet and couch looked dingy, but then they had this huge flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom felt dirty, but they had spa supplies and wonderful huge bathtowels. We could hear the people in the next room, but once you shut the bathroom door, there was no sound.

The breakfast was fine, for an included hot breakfast. It was nice not to be crammed in a small room. We ate at the restaurant for supper and I had the seafood alfredo. It said it had lobster, scallops and shrimp. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything special. But I must say, it was delicious. My pasta had three lobster claws in it, plus a bunch of other peices. And the scallops were huge. Very yummy. My hubby had the pepperoni pizza and said it was tasty.

The pool is fabulous. The spa looks gorgeous, but we didn't partake in anything.

So this is a very bipolar place. Some parts need a lot of work, but other parts are fabulous. And before I forget, the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ghostpoo
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid, i was surprised at how nice the room was. breakfast was complementary and was also quite good. i was also quite impressed to get free access to the fitness centre, which was extensive and busy.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank magnet1710
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This could be a really nice place if they put money into it. They have an incredible gym, spa and bar. The food is really good and the staff are always smiling. They actual hotel where the rooms are smells. The rooms are tiny and very outdated. From extension cords to flaking plaster on the walls this place is in desperate need of remodeling.

Room Tip: If it smells ask for a better room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Senator was a great place to stay for our two day getaway. Friendly staff, clean rooms and a Delicious Sunday Brunch. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna. The Spa offered several great options for manicures, pedicures, facials and massages. Reserve early if possible. The spa was booked during our stay, but we hope to go back and use the spa services on our next visit.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mechele V
JDDWentworth, Front Office Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor.com community. We are privileged to be your Augusta Maine lodging choice and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

tv in the loo etc so you know this place are keen to take care of their customers. The spa is good all the usual pool ,jacuzzi but it also had lots of up to date treatments available. We had an early start so missed break fast but were told it was good by others. We had a ground floor room and found it nice and quiet and really well presented.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tinkswales

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Arrived at this hotel and they had lost my reservation. I was told that it was due to computer issues. The personnel were very pleasant but I was very disappointed with the hotel. I travel extensively with my work and the walls were paper thin. So much so that I had to run the fan and leave the TV on all night just to avoid hearing the conversations in the next room. Evening meal was pricey but good. Breakfast was not good at all. Eggs were cold and oatmeal was lukewarm and bread seemed stale, like days old, so I didn't eat much of anything. They need to check the warming trays as the food was not as hot as it should be. I will definitely be staying at another hotel next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LSUE F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!