“Good Stay At the Senator”
Review of Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed one night at the Senator on our way East. We liked the location near the freeway and main drag downtown. It has a very nice restaurant on site and a pool and fitness center that are very good. There is coffee in the lobby all the time and it is good. Continental breakfast is included and is a buffet with a lot of choices. The room was very nice and roomy. It is a non-smoking hotel but we smelled smoke, especially in the bathroom the whole time. This is probably not the hotel's fault, but the fault of inconsiderate guests and/or workers who are too addicted to obey the rules, and everyone suffers. All the staff were friendly and helpful and I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Presidential wing.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I read the reviews and decided to stay with 2 teenagers and one younger child. We were pleasantly pleased with The Senator Inn. The complimentary breakfast was terrific and loved the pool with hot tub. I felt as if I was really in a luxury hotel with when I was swimming in the pool. The rooms were clean and spacious. I booked through hotels.com and received a lower price on the room in comparison to booking directly through the Inn. Would stay again if I could get the right price again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were there for one night, so we didn't want or expect much. The room was comfortable, clean and adequate but nothing fancy. The bed was a little stiff. The bathroom was long and narrow, which I thought was odd. It seemed like it could stand a little updating, although it was clean. The television was older, but that wasn't that big of a deal because the point of my trip wasn't to sit in a hotel room and watch TV. The free breakfast was buffet style and included a waffle iron that allowed you to make your own, which I enjoyed. The restaurant was lovely and I wish we could have eaten there for dinner. We took a peek at the pool and wished we could have taken a swim there. It was a very nice looking pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stopped at this hotel on our way down to South Carolina from Prince Edward Island. The 2 nine year olds really liked it and so we came back on the return trip. The staff treated us great both times. The girls loved the pool, the restaurant meal in the evening, the fantastic breakfast in the morning, the fireplace in the room, the jacuzzi..... It is about 8 to 9 hours from PEI, so it was the perfect spot to stop,and very easy to find off of the highway.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I was very pleased with the two nights I just recently spent at the Senator Inn and Spa. I planned this stay as a getaway for my 15 yr old daughter and I to have some quality mom and daughter time. The front desk representatives were very friendly and accomodating. The room we stayed in was a great value and they have a complimentary free deluxe breakfast each morning. The waitresses at the restaurant were very nice especially Sophie. The pool, the sauna, and the hot tub were excellent. My daughter and I got to enjoy some time together in the pool swimming and in the hot tub relaxing, and the sauna. We throughly enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room. It is set up very nicely with a local artists artwork displayed on the walls. There was more than enough choices offered for you to have a wonderful breakfast. The only thing I wish was different is that each room you stay in that you have access to your room from the exterior of the building is if there was designated parking in front of your door for at least one vehicle. It was raining quite a bit this weekend and not having access to the exterior door of your room because other cars are parked in front of it was a little bit upsetting. I don't believe guests should have to hunt for a parking space to finally make it into their rooms with their belongings.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I was looking for a romantic getaway for my husband's birthday. We were excited to find a inn that offered spa services & a romantic restruant all located in the hotel. We booked a couples massage, but it wa not at all what we expected. We were in seperate rooms & the massage was intense, not relaxing! Our room itself, a spa suite was beyond our expectation: It was comfy & spacious. Our room featured a gas fireplace, but it ran on a timer, the timer TICKS very loudly while the fireplace is running, that was rather annoying! The walls of the rooms are very thin, lets just say I had noisey late night neighbors! The pool, hot tub area is open to the public as well as Senator Inn guests, it was a very busy area, we never did get a turn to relax in the hot tub, it was to crowded. The SMALL pool was roped off for laps, leaving no space to relax. Also if you plan on dinning at the Cloud 9 restruant (I recommend you do) located inside the inn, you should make reservations as soon as you check in! If given the choice, we would NOT stay at this inn again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was travelling on business from nothern Maine in the snow in the evening. The roads were gettting much worse and I knew I wouldn't make it to my destination. I stopped at a local pizza place and they recommended the Senator Inn & Spa. I pulled in and walked around to the desk, a little frazzled. The employees couldn't have been nicer. They found a room where I had parked the car, so I didn't have to drive in any more snow. I got a very reasonable rate and a coupon for breakfast. In the morning, the snow had been brushed off my car. I was able to get a massage in the spa before I headed out on my journey south. The massage was also reasonably priced. The room was a little dated. I was in a "deluxe" which had 2 double beds and work space. I did see much smaller rooms in another section of the Inn. This is a great location right off the highway. The swimming pool looks as stunning in person as on the website. Great value here and very personal service, which I still appreciate a few weeks later. I did not explore the Target shopping plaza right behind the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mass_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
2 mi away
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!