“Thai at the Airport”

Sweet Chili Thai Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: A versatile dining experience! Great for families, groups or even a romantic dinner for two. We also just made it into the top 3 out of 15 restaurants that could "blow the tastebuds out of your mouth" according to Motovo Blog.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Superbly delicate steamed shiu mai; delightful staff, fun location at the Augusta airport. OPen from 11 or 11:30 (I forget) all the way through to dinner, so a great choice for travelers with hunger at an odd hour.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Went with friends after the Augusta Beer Fest. It's quite literally right next to the Augusta airport on a hill behind the armory. The restaurant looks like most inexpensive Chinese or Thai restaurants you'll find around, but the wait staff are exceptionally friendly, accommodating, and helpful, and the food is definitely above average. Anything can be made as spicy as you like, since they bring it to the table in a separate bowl, which is nice.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Love Thai food and we're happy there are more Thai restaurants being added to our area. We saw an ad for Sweet Chili and since we were in Augusta doing errands decided to give it a try. The location is unusual--right next to the Augusta Airport runway. The restaurant is small and nicely decorated. The hostess and the staff were warm, friendly and professional. We ordered the Spring Rolls for a shared appetizer and they were excellent! A nicely chopped assortment of fresh veggies and a wonderful plum dipping sauce. My partner had the Chicken Pad Thai, which he said was very good. I ordered the Cashew Chicken from the lunch menu. Our lunches arrived promptly but not before we had a chance to enjoy the Spring Rolls and our Thai Iced Tea. Although I had ordered the Cashew Chicken, my lunch arrived with only veggies and no chicken. I pointed this out to the waitress and she immediately swept it away and returned promptly with the correct dish. Unlike some other occasions at other restaurants when I have sent a dish back, this was handled professionally and courteously. Great place; we'll go back!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Housed at the Augusta airport in an odd little building, the restaruant is a gem of a find. The food is delicius, well presented (I love the rice pyramid!), and the prices very reasonable for what is offered. The atmosphere is not the warmest, however, the staff makes up for it with kindness, efficiency, and familiarity. Deiniately worth a stop.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The food here is great. Before I came ehr I never had Thai food and now I am hooked. My wife and I come here every few weeks and we have never been disappointed with the food or service. The prices are reasonable (around $10-$14 per dish). Great little restaurant!