“good food”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It’s like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Halifax, Canada
“good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

They had food out to us quickly which I was a little skeptical about but the food tasted good - my husband loved the margaritta's. We had a really nice waiter and the chips and salsa were yummy!

Visited September 2012

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
“Just your average Mexican”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nothing special, Mediocre service and slightly overpriced. Seems popular with the local crowd but really nothing special

Visited August 2012
Augusta, Maine
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I like the food but I don't like the price. I always spend more if I go to this restaurant than at others. It's a bit loud tool. The service is okay, a little slow. The drinks are great and the food is good and plentiful. I like it best when we have a large enough group to reserve the private room.

Visited April 2012
Enfield, Connecticut
“Very pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had been craving Mexican food for a while, but didn't expect much from a "chain" restaurant. Couldn't have been more wrong. The place was a delight - ambiance, service and food were all exemplary! And it is literally right next door to the hotel we stayed at, so quite convenient to boot!

Visited September 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Didn't start well but ended well.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We are visiting our friends that own a beautiful home on Annabessacook lake in Monmouth,ME. They suggested one of my favorite foods Mexican and we decided on this restaurant. Upon entering the hostess seated us and everything seemed normal. Our waiter took our drinks and we ordered our food. At that point, the waiter, noted that they have a rather large party and our food was going to be a little long in coming.
After 45 minutes of waiting, which is far too long for any Mexican restaurant, I asked to speak to the manager. After waiting another 10 minutes, I was flagged by my wife that our food had arrived.
Shauna the manager finally came over and expressed her apologies and gave me an opportunity to express my displeasure.
The food was very good Mexican and of course our concerned waiter kept the chips and salsa flowing.
Before leaving Shauna the manager appeared again and compensated us for our 4 meals and also gave us 4 free diners for the future.
We all were very surprised and felt she went overboard to compensate us .My compliments to Shauna for her actions.
My only suggestion for the restaurant would be to either limit the seating to compensate for the large parties that were dining that evening or caution your patrons about the very slow service and give them the option of dining in the restaurant.
Generally speaking the manager did her best under a very difficult situation and we would dine there again.

• Visited August 2012