“Grouchy and congealed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were traveling and stopped here for a late night dinner. It was about 8:30 on a Wednesday. The hostess took us to a table where the chairs sort of stuck out around a corner, which looked uncomfortable, and since the restaurant was mostly empty we asked if we could sit in the booth next to the table. She said no, we couldn't sit there because there were 5 of us and that would be a fire hazard! She said this in a way that seemed like we were really putting her out by asking. We were so tired from driving all day we just sat down without complaining, but really there were tons of empty tables and we were right by the front door so I don't see how it could be a fire hazard to anyone. Then the food arrived and my seafood alfredo was so congealed and dried out, I just ate the seafood and a little of the noodles and left the rest. The salad and bread was fine. Our waitress was fine, too. It was just to hostess who seemed annoyed that we had the nerve to bother her. So, mean hostess, lousy entree. Otherwise, normal for an Olive Garden.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just had a soup and salad with little bread which is ssssssssso good there...the soup I took was creamy and very tasty

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good service; not a long wait; good food and atmosphere.Our server Wayne was the best! Purchased the salad dressing but definitely won't be able to re-create the great time!!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was my first time at an Olive Garden (don't have one close to where I live!)
Service was quick. And I enjoyed my meal.
I would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The price of the food isn't outrageous, but it is also not the best value. We had a couple bad experiences with younger wait staff here, but nothing that would deter us from returning. It does seems to always have huge waits and like they could expand to get more seating to accommodate rush periods.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!