“Great Service and Solid Value in Augusta Maine.”

Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Service and Solid Value in Augusta Maine.”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

First off I want to say that the customer service here was great. Other, nicer hotels could learn a lot from the Quality Inn Augusta. From check in to check out, my dealings with customer service were great!!!

Hotel was clean to very clean. Even the housekeeping staff was nice.

The rooms are pretty basic, but the beds were comfy. Bathroom is small, but that's standard for the class of hotel.

The TV was on the small side, and I did not this to the receptionist when I checked out. She said they are on order or backorder. LCD will help a lot.

I didn't swim, but the pool looked nice and clean. I think I read it's heated?

They have coffee and hot chocolate all day and they even have a little store where you can buy Lean Cuisine, candy bars, chips, etc.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again even though I am used to nicer hotels like Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn's. One thing I would note is that the walls are thin, so if you are a light sleeper either tell them that up front or try and find a more modern constructed building as this looks like a renovated motel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Sunset Beachn NC
Reviewed October 8, 2009

A clean, quiet and comfortable hotel with good restaurants in nearby Hallowell. Visiting here is like going home to a loving family, the staff is wonderful, attentive to every need and extremely friendly. Highly recommended for a very enjoyable stop in your travels.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank APSunsetBeachnNC
Utah
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We have stayed at 8 hotels in the last 8 nights as we toured around New England. We usually try to find a Marriott affiliate, but because of availability issues, we stayed at the Quality Inn in Augusta for one of the nights. We're so glad! We were upgraded to the Evergreen Suite on the 3rd floor, and it was, by far, the best overnight stay of our whole trip. The breakfast for great - lots of variety to choose from. We'll definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Augusta area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on Sept. 17 on our way through to New Hampshire. We did not book in advance and were able to use a roomsaver.com walk-in coupon so the rate was $69 instead of $99 which we thought was a great deal. The room was spacious and clean with drive-up private entrance. Deluxe hot continental breakfast was more than adequate. Front desk staff were super-friendly and very helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone passing through Augusta.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Indiana
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I wish all of the hotels that I stayed in had staff that was this nice. They went out of there way to help us in any way that they could. I have never seen any choice hotel with as good of continental breakfast as they had. They are also a green hotel. All the rooms had energy effecient light bulbs, and furnances. The rooms even had air, and water purifiers in them. This hotel was so nice, I will never stay any where else if I ever return to Maine.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Igetaroound
Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 15, 2009

The staff were so freindly & helpful. Cont full breakfast was more than exspected. Comfortable beds and great pillows. Really enjoyed the coffee maker/iron in room. Pool area was clean and very nice. Look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NovaScotiaWooley
Gardiner
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This hotel was a God send--after forced evacuation from my home and near hospitalization due to air quality induced Asthma, I immediately checked into this hotel......it literally kept me from being hospitalized. I was given a 'green suite' on the third floor. Because of the pure air in the hallways and thoroughly throughout the rooms, it gave me the protection I needed to literally keep me breathing---having lost powerful air purifiers in my home, this was a fine solution. Impeccably clean (and cleaned perfectly daily), beautiful granite tile, environmentally green carpeting and draperies. You would be hard pressed to find a speck of dirt anywhere! (I'm allergic to dust)
I was there for 34 days. Each day from the very beginning I was greeted and cared for by staff--from the owners, to the receptionist, to the maid and janitors--so friendly and so caring. Everyone was sympathetic to my plight and attended to any need that arose at anytime.
My daughter enjoyed the heated outdoor pool and I enjoyed the daily FABULOUS breakfast--two types of egg, bacon, waffles, etc. every day--I actually got quite spoiled and wish I was still having breakfast there.
I was also able to set up my internet business in the room because of access to wireless internet and it was free; I never felt cramped or in need--we also very much enjoyed the store in the lobby; many times we bought healthy TV dinners, fruit drinks, and ice creams for supper (the pop corn, crackers, and candy bars were a great treat also).
If it wasn't for the stress of my home and health problems, it would have been a perfect vacation---it had everything that I look for in a great hotel stay. You would be hard pressed to find a hotel with these many wonderful accommodations--almost didn't want to leave.
I give them an A++!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank teresbfree
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel? Share your experiences!