“Home away from home !!”

Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I travel a lot with my job as well as for pleasure. I have stayed at many hotels and can truely say Quality Inn and Suites is my home away from home when I am in Augusta. I sometimes stay there once a week . The staff is second to none, the breakfast is always fresh and what I really like is all the choices they give you. A variety of coffees and teas including Green Tea my favorite. As well as fresh fruit , pastries, bagels, waffles juices etc. The rooms are spacious and comfortable , especially the beds which usually have a problem with due to a bad back. This is not a problem at the Quality Inn. They have an outdoor pool and picnic area where you sit outside weather permitting and enjoy the fresh Maine air. It is located right across the street from Sears, T J Maxx, The Christmas Tree Shop , and Olympia Sports. I would highly recommend the Quality Inn to anyone who is in the Maine area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NewHampshireLibby
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel

Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time while on business and had a good long taste of what this place is like day-in and day-out. I had a chance to try most of the different kind of rooms at the hotel (they have a variety of levels of fancy-ness - "standard" and "executive" level rooms and some beautiful suites. The standard rooms are very fresh and clean, but I prefer the executive rooms. They don't cost much more and they are newly constructed with granite baths and flat panel tv's-nicest rooms in Augusta. Far better than anything around including the new Fairfield Inn (my second choice) at the next exit (I checked out many of the hotels when I first arrived.) Just to show how much they went over the top during my stay, I was offered a complimentary upgrade (Free!) to try one of their "Grand" Suites.
It was HEAVEN! I could go on and on and not overstate their wonderful breakfast, great wireless connection, fitness center and rates within the budget - most of all, I have to say, in all of my years travelling I have never come across a hotel that really doesn hospitality the way it should be done. From the Front Desk Staff to the housekeepers everyone was exceptionally kind and friendly. I've stayed at Quality Inns although it is not usually my first choice. Some are nice and some not-so-nice. This one is THE BEST!
I will be back to stay with them for sure on my next visit to Augusta!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank catchphrase
Reviewed August 29, 2008

This hotel was a 1 night stop in between sightseeing destinations. However, after our arrival we had wished we could take this little gem along with us for the remainder of our trip. Throughout our trip we would stay in 8 hotels and this was one of the top 2. The customer service was great! They called to check on our satisfaction within the first 15 mins. of check in. The breakfast had a nice selection of typical continental standards. The facility itself is great! The laundry facilities clean and well kept as well as a small store for purchasing forgotten items orfoods to prepare in the large common dining/ kitchen area. The hotel room itself has a separate sink area with a filtered water spout. There is a refrigerator and a good sized desk area. They have no jacuzzi but have a nice pool area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank nnygaard
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I have four girls (ages 7,9,11,13) and I wanted to take them away for a weekend. With prices the way they are in most Hotels this time of the year I thought that it was not going to happen, I was wrong. I got to stay in the Evergreen Suite at the Quality Inn on the third floor it was amazing the cathedral ceilings, gorgeous marble back in the shower, which by the way had a over sized bathtub with gentle massaging water jets in it (the kids loved those). Multiple pools and a hot tub downstairs and to top it all off the girls got to make their own waffles for breakfast. The experience was marvelous and the service was spectacular. The price was affordable as well, and they give AAA discounts which also helps.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank leilanimakana
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I have been in Augusta on long-term business since late May of 2008 and took tours of all the local hotels before booking my stay. The Quality Inn & Suites surpassed the others in quality of facilities and helpfulness of the staff. The entire facility has been recently renovated and there is an all-new third floor. I was very pleased with the Standard room I had during my first few weeks, but was recently able to upgrade to one of the Evergreen Suites on the third floor and have been even more impressed with the new room. This room has a granite counter and granite shower surrounds that are a very classy touch for hotels in this price range. The televisions are wall-mounted flat screens that swivel. The project group I work with practically lives on the road with 95% travel - we are no stranger to hotel living. My manager was up last week and stayed in one of the suites and was very impressed also. The staff is A+ and the complimentary breakfast has saved me a great deal of time and money. I highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling in the Augusta area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BR_Roadie
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We have been staying here whenever we bring/pickup our children from nearby summer camps for five years. It used to be called America's Best Inns & Suites. It had the Quality Inn name when we arrived this year. Even though the property had been in excellent shape before, it has been renovated to give it a bigger lobby, a much larger breakfast room, and a meeting/conference room (for those who care). The rooms were very clean and in good shape. The staff here (both desk/housecleaning) is much better than at most similar motels. There is a computer to access the internet in the lobby WITH A PRINTER ATTACHED! (This is very useful for those of us who need to print out boarding passes before arriving at the airport). The breakfast is pretty much the standard motel continental breakfast except that the coffee is much better and they have those waffle making machines, which I happen to love. The pool area is nice, but an outdoor pool in Maine means it is a bit nippy! We paid $89.00 plus tax. I thought we got good value.

FYI, if you go out to the main drag in the direction of Augusta about one mile East of I-95 on the right hand side there is a Chinese buffet restaurant (can't recall the exact name). It's fairly cheap, has a huge selection, and the food quality is far better than one would expect from a buffet restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank JCW99
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We intended to stay at another hotel that we usually go to when we are in the area to visit family. However they were booked. So we were directed here because we were told that since they renovated recently they would probably have accessible rooms which one family member needs. In fact they do have a new third floor. The family member found the accessible bathroom the best he has ever had at a hotel. Great access to shower, sufficient handrails, good access to sink.
Very friendly staff who refer to you by name, very clean, nice decor.
Small but clean fitness room.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MariaWaltham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel? Share your experiences!