“Great rate for a comfortable, clean stay”

Center Street Value Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I live out of the area and when I have worked in Lewiston I would stay at ABV Auburn. The management is friendly and will concentrate on your needs, all you have to do us ask. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast is ready bright and early and is more than adequate. Best of all I didn't have to spend a day's pay to stay!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
abvimaine, Owner at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks for a wonderful review for our property. Customer satisfaction and hospitality comes first at our facility. Customer's happiness is our reward for our hard work and dedication towards this business. We will always provide value for your money!!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked a room here based on the great reviews on trip advisor. When I walked in there were pictures lining the walls of the hallway and I thought okay based on reviews they are still updating. This was a good thing. It went down hill from there. Had it not been a ice storm I would have left. While the room at first glance appeared ok. It became apparent that we did not get a updated room. Some one did slap some paint on walls but if the owners paid for that service they should get their money back. There was yellow paint on ceiling tiles, mirror,and towel rack. The tub still had striped stains from previous non slip stickers. The bathroom was a tiny cube. The caulk around the sink was cracked and missing. The toilet paper roll was half hinged. Behind the door when I closed it was completely rusted. The tile in the bathroom was peel and stick and it had cracks in it. One thing I hate about hotels is when they don't have a curved shower curtain rod and have a plastic shower curtain. The heater in the room as well was rusted and in disrepair. The furniture in the room looked old but there were brand new pictures .
I'm sure the owners are very nice and perhaps I didn't get a remodeled room. However there was no one in the parking lot so I think we were the only ones there and you would think they put us in a better room.
I couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
abvimaine, Manager at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks for your comments. We are sorry if you experienced any inconvinience during the room upgrade process. We listen to our customers and always strive to do better in future

Reviewed January 18, 2014

During my 5 days there, I was impressed by the hospitality and in addition, the constant room maintenance service. The staff is always concerned about my room staying fresh and clean daily. Their breakfast menu was appetizing as well as a well-maintained dining area. I would highly recommend this place for anyone to stay. Despite the the big hotels just down the road, this place is a pleasant surprise for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oliver W

Thanks for an excellent comment about property. Customer service and satisfaction is our top priority. We go above and beyond to help satisfy the needs of our customers. We provide bang for your hard earned buck to earn our reputation in a competing society !!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here just before the new year in the middle of a snowstorm. I was on my way to Rangeley, Maine from Boston to visit friends, and my trip was unfortunately postponed due to the poor road conditions. Although I was incredibly disappointed and upset, the staff at America's Best Value Inn really helped turn my night around. The manager was incredibly polite, thoughtful, and helpful. He even cleaned off and shoveled out my car in the morning! I attempted to give a tip, and he would not accept. The room was spacious and incredibly clean, and I felt very comfortable and relaxed in the room. There was coffee and hot water available throughout the day and evening, and the staple breakfast items available in the morning. In addition to the amazing service, the location was great - there was a Margarita's, a McDonald's, and a Tim Horton's all within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy K

Thanks for a wonderful review for our facility Our top notch customer service and value for your money speak for itself!! Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have a broken wrist and stayed here in a snowstorm. They cleaned my car off for me and would have shoveled it if needed. Everything was perfect. Reasonably priced with nice extras like the hot waffle breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
abvimaine, Manager at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Joe, Thanks a lot for wonderful comments abour our facility and service. Customer satisfaction and quality is always on our mind to please our guest.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. The management is friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean. The location is ideal with an authentic Mexican restaurant nearby. I had a comfortable stay and will be back next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thanks for staying with us and enjoying during your stay. Quality and Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. Hope to see you back soon!!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Besides the wonderful staff and the reasonable price, I found the outstanding feature of this motel was its convenience.

The 1st convenience that you'll notice, if you ask for a first-floor room, is you don't have to carry your luggage through the inside hallways. The first-floor rooms have sliding glass doors. Backing up to your room and using the glass sliding door makes unloading a breeze. (The glass sliding door is bolted from the inside for security so if you lock the door when you leave, exiting and entry to your room are through the hallways.)

The 2nd convenience is location. With an authentic Mexican restaurant with great margaritas sharing the parking lot, a convenience store (Cumberland Farms) kitty corner to the parking lot, a Wendy's and McDonald's within walking distance, and then everything else including downtown within 5 minutes, it makes getting around pretty simple.

Room Tip: First-floor rooms have the added convenience of being able to park right outside the room so you can...