“Well Worth the Price”

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Well Worth the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Greetings,

The room was large, M gave the smell and it PASSED. Bathroom door was tough to close so if you were a privacy person give it the extra shove. Plenty of hot water for showers. WiFi was great with protected features. Geocache accross the lot. Refrig to keep the beer and wine cold. Breakfast was VERY adequate. Would stay again. If you like Mexican food then walk out the front door and into the restaurant. M wanted LOBSTER ROLL so MAC's SEAFOOD WAS THE STOP 8 minutes away JUST BRING THE BIB

Room Tip: Get and odd number room as you are in the back. DEAD QUIET
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank M-F_Trackers
abvimaine, Owner at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments for our facility. Customer satisfaction isalways our highest priority. We take your comments in a positive way for further improvement. We hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Schroon Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I, along with a friend, booked here to attend a local wedding, and went into it pretty blind, as none of us had ever been to that area before. The Inn was very good for the price, and came with WiFi, complimentary breakfast, and very nice management. We left our phone in the room, and they had tried to call us about it within the hour of us leaving there. We came back, and they offered to tell us around the area and give us directions. All in all, they were very personable, and we would return there if we're ever back in the area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristen M
We highly appreciate your excellent comments for our facility. Our business prospects definately depends on our customer' satisfaction. Nice review like yours pays for our dedication and hard work. We hope to see you in a very near future!!
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked here online for the labor day weekend and due to unavailability of non-smoking rooms, we booked a smoking room reluctantly as all other hotels in that area had no vacancy. But after reaching here and upon request, the owner was very kind enough to give us a non-smoking room.

Another advantage is that you can check-in here even at very late hours(we arrived around 11pm) because the owner is there till 1.30am and again she is back to work at 5am! Extremely friendly and understanding management.

The room and the bathroom were really clean and renovated too. The room had a pleasant view of the backyard and also had many flower plants near the parking lot which looked really pretty. We did not have any problem with the AC as other reviewers mentioned. Probably we were lucky.

Though the breakfast area was very small, it had everything you would need for a complete breakfast(fruits, bread, jam, butter,milk, kellogs, donuts and many more!). The lady who took care of the breakfast area was very friendly. She constantly ensured that everything was available and kept the area clean.
Overall, a decent place for the price. I will surely recommend this place and if I happen to visit this place again, I will surely stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the backyard has a good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Varshnya
abvimaine, Owner at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for an excellent review for our facility. Customer service and satisfaction is always our higest priority. We are looking forward to see you again here. Your compliments are our prize for our hard work and dedication for our business!!
Concord, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Before getting into specifics on this hotel, let me just say that there are few, if any, hotel bargains in the Portland/Bangor/Bar Harbor areas during the peak tourist months of July and August. On a recent trip to Bar Harbor, I flew into Portland, planning on spending the night there, and then driving to Acadia National Park. Shocked by the high prices in the Portland area (i.e. $199 for a LaQuinta Inn on a Saturday), I decided to expand my search area to locations within an hour’s drive of Portland. Since it was going to be a simple arrive late/leave early stay, I didn’t want to spend a fortune. After extensive searching, the best I could locate with a decent Trip Advisor rating was this Best Value Inn in Auburn, ME, about a 45 minute drive north of Portland.
The hotel is old, and management is in the process of renovating the rooms. Unfortunately, as a late arrival on a busy weekend night, we got one of the non-renovated rooms. It had a strong musty smell on entry into the room with water stains on the overhead acoustic tiles. The old wall mounted A/C unit was positioned about 2 feet away and directly in line with the pillows on the first queen bed. We had to drape some towels over the unit to avoid the clanking, old A/C unit from blowing directly onto my son, but then we got too hot so had to accept some degree of blowing in exchange for cooling. In all fairness, the room was clean, there was operative WiFi and the location was located well off major roads and was quiet. The included breakfast was satisfactory although the dining area was small.
Based on other reviews in TA, it seems apparent that the renovated rooms were considerably nicer than the one we had. So, the takeaway is this: if you arrive early in the day or pre-arrange to get a one of the renovated rooms, you should have a decent stay at a (relatively) good price (for Maine).

Room Tip: Be sure to request a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
abvimaine, Manager at Center Street Value Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for your feedback about our facility. We apologized for any inconvinence you had during your stay. Should you ever come back to us, we assure you to have all the cleanliness and comfort you deserve during our stay.
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,794 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Americas Best Value Inn - Auburn is set back from the road so it’s quiet.

Approaching the entrance, I noticed that the grounds were well tended with numerous flower plantings in the shrub beds. This hotel is being cared for.

Check-in was quick and courteous. Mr. and Mrs. Patel, the owners/managers, are very friendly and personable. In talking to them for a few minutes, it was obvious that they knew and understood their service business very well. At this hotel, the guest is king or queen. They aim to please every guest who comes though their doors.

On entering my first floor room, I caught the faint scent of cleaning products near the bathroom. I always find that a reassuring smell because it indicates to me that the fixtures and surfaces have been cleaned and disinfected.

The room was clean. The carpeting was spotlessly clean and looked fairly new.

The king size bed had a nice silky quilted cover in a jade green and gold design, plus a coordinating coverlet over the lower third. There were two oblong decorator pillows in a coordinating dark jade green. Not your average bed.

The furniture was mostly Early American style. The room had a couch and a recliner chair. Both were comfortable and clean. There were no stains anywhere on either.

The desk had an upholstered tub chair. The nice brass-finish two column desk lamp had an electrical outlet and data port. The hotel had Wi-Fi that worked in the rooms.

The microwave and refrigerator worked. The refrigerator ran pretty quietly. It also had a small freezer compartment.

There was a sliding glass door with a locking screen that opened out into a grassy courtyard with a few small trees. There was a small patio just outside the doorway. Some rooms had plastic lawn chairs.

Although the TV was analog, the picture and voice quality were very good. The hotel supplied premium cable channels including ESPN and Showtime.

I’d been on the road awhile so I was pretty tired. I went to bed early. The medium firmness pillow-top mattress was very comfortable. The hotel was totally quiet after 8:45 PM. I slept right through the night.

For my shower in the morning, there was great water pressure, and the showerhead worked properly. There was no mineral residue buildup on the showerhead as one frequently finds in other less-than-new hotels.

The breakfast room was bright and cheery with ceiling-to-floor windows on one whole wall. The counter and appliances were spotlessly clean. The owner checks everything periodically.

The continental breakfast buffet featured the Belgian waffle machine, bagels, English muffins, two cold cereals, juices, and coffee. Each cup of coffee was individually brewed. Yoplait yogurt and milk were kept in the refrigerator. There was a covered clear container that held a dozen bananas. When was the last time anyone saw more than three bananas on display at once?

In all, this was a great hotel experience despite the fact that this hotel is aging.

Although this hotel is not a resort with a swimming pool and is not newer construction, I gave this hotel a top rating because of the cleanliness, comfort, evidence of upkeep, and stellar service from its conscientious, customer-oriented ownership/management, The Patels. They do everything right to please guests.

I spoke with the owners again before checkout. Mr. Patel had exciting news that he has plans to improve the hotel over the next year by knocking out walls and then enlarging the breakfast room because he wanted to serve a hot breakfast with real eggs and signature fresh-baked goods. He plans to hire cooks. He also plans to enlarge all the guest rooms to give much larger bathrooms. He will also install an elevator to the second floor. It sounds as though a nice hotel will get even better and be highly-rated all across the board.

I plan to stay here again in 2014.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Maurene_K
Dear Ms. Maurene:

Thank you so much for your excellent review and wonderful long praiseworhy writting for our facility. Our business prospect depends on valuable high remarks from our guests like yours.
Cusomer satisfaction and service is always our highest priority. We are looking forward to see you again in near future!!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The problems began at check in. I arrived around 4:30 p.m. to check in. I had to wait over 10 minutes for someone to arrive at the desk to check me in. Not something I expect in the middle of the afternoon. I had pre-paid for my room when I made my reservation. The person checking me in could not find my reservation, then tried to re-charge me for the room, then had to change me to a two bed room because that is what I had reserved.

When I got to the room it was in poor shape. The air conditioning was incredibly loud and did not work. The curtains were falling down. The beds were lumpy. The bathroom was in need of a good cleaning and obviously had not been updated in many years. I left the AC on when I left the room before 5:00. When I returned at 11:00 p.m. the room was not cool. We had no choice but to leave the sliding glass door open to get some ventilation in the room. The hotel is on the busiest road in town so it was very noisy all night long.

The entire property has a run down look and an unpleasant smell.

There are much better options in town and I'll stay at one of them the next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We can not verify this guest information wih our records at the front desk.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at this motel while traveling alone with children. The manager (Yogesh) was really fantastic and gets an A+ for friendliness and outstanding customer service; he seems to sincerely care about his guests having a great stay and went out of his way to be helpful. The motel seemed a great deal for its price. It felt comfortable, pleasant, and safe. Overall, this was one the nicest motels I have been to in this price range, and I've traveled extensively.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank LiveFree2013
We highly appreciate your excellent compliments for our facility. We always do the best we can to saisfy our guests. Nice comments like yours is our prize for our hard work and dedication!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Center Street Value Inn? Share your experiences!