“Best breakfast in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Center Street Cafe
Ranked #39 of 101 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I travel to Auburn/Lewiston to visit family almost yearly from Texas. Last year it was recommended that I try breakfast at Center Street Café. We will never go anywhere but there now!
Their corned beef hash was the best I've ever tasted as was the homemade breads, muffins, etc.
Very friendly and courteous waitstaff. It appears that we are one of the many "regulars" that come into Center Street Café as I noticed a lot of the same people frequenting the restaurant.
I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast as well as lunch.

Lydia T. from Corpus Christi,Texas

1  Thank lydia t

Reviewed June 7, 2014

First time to the Cafe.Started really nice. Our Waitress was freindly and had a personally. This review is basicly about what happend in the kitchen. After a fair wait our Waitress comes out with a partial order. Mixed Berry Waffle and a side of ham for myself. She also had a side plate of bacon for my wife, but without her Waffle. She explained to us that the cook/chef forgot to prepair the second Waffle. Long story short. when the second Waffle comes out to us, the Waitress said to my wife "check it because I do not think it is cooked". If the Waitress was questioning it, why bring it to the consumer. So, the Mixed Berry Waffle had Blueberrys, Strawberrys (not sure if fresh or frozen) but the Raspberrys were dried fruit. They could have been Cranbarrys, not sure? We ended leaving the Cafe and takeing the third Waffle home. Someday we will most likely go back for a second visit, but not in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This place has an amazing selection of pancakes and egg scrambles, pesto scramble is my favorite. The apple toast is wonderful, as is their flavored coffee. My four year old son begs me to go here every weekend.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Small place, food is decent but a abit overpriced and small portions. Friendly Waitstaff. Overall it's average.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We live near Auburn and come up several times a week for grocery shopping, automotive, doctor visits, and all manner of errands. Until our car repair guy told us about the Center Street Cafe, we'd drag ourselves to Denny's when we needed to be in Auburn early in the day. Now we get wholesome, delicious food in manageable portions, served by wonderful, friendly people. The red flannel hash gives me great joy. I splurged on eggs Benedict and almost wept from the perfection. Home baked bread! They'll add a dash of curry to your chicken salad! Seriously, this cafe is special.

1  Thank Laura U