“3.9 Star Pub”

Gritty Mc Duff's Brewing Co
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Gritty McDuff's, Maine's Original Brew Pub specializes in hand-crafted English style ales and traditional and creative pub fare, in a friendly and fun atmosphere. Both Gritty's fine ales and the pubs have won countless "best of" awards through our twenty-five years of operation. Our standard brews are session beers, Gritty's Pub-Style Pale Ale, McDuff's Best Bitter, Black Fly Stout, allowing one to have multiple beers within a reasonable time period without overwhelming the senses. Our seasonal and varietal ale offerings are more adventurous, some with a higher ABV, and some with higher IBU. We brew a beer for all craft brew palates. For the diner, we offer traditional pub fare alongside not so traditional specialty items. Our pub-style long tables with benches easily accommodate parties of all sizes and add to the camaraderie.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Well the rating on this review was a tough one so let me break it down.

Service- The Gritty's staff are great both behind the bar and at the tables. They are friendly and attentive- that is to say they are real people who will give you honest opinions and recommendations and not just stand there with some fake grin plastered across their faces. They know the menu and they know the beers.

The food- The food is probably the only real complaint I have about Gritty's. I mean it is a pub so you can't fault them for not having an overly extensive menu, however I think they would be best off cutting what they offer down to some simple pub staples; burgers, pizza (unbelievably great btw), fish&chips. Any of these I would recommend, they do them very well but everytime I deviate from this list I am let down. Some kitchens should just stick with the few things they can consistently get right.

The bar scene, atmosphere and the outdoor view- These are all areas where Gritty's shines. As I mentioned before the staff are really fantastic and that is what sets the stage for the atmosphere. It's contagious! Overall a friendly and comfortable pub. As for the outdoor seating-nothing in L/A truly compares the the view overlooking the river from their deck on a warm summer's night.

If you are looking for a clean, friendly and comfortable brewpub I highly recommend you check out Gritty's.
Cheers!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good selection of beer. Food is okay...I would go here to drink and then go somewhere else to eat. If you are looking for a fun, laid back place, this would fit the bill. Very accommodating for large groups.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While this is the Hot spot in downtown Auburn, it only gets 3 star from me, because I don't drink, and while the food is ok, this is the hot spot because all the locals go here and eat, drink and meet their friends.

If you want to do all of this AND have great food, I suggest Gippers

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were in L.A. for the D3 national Hockey tournament and used Gritty's as our pre and post game meeting spot. We loved the selection of their signature Brews and quality and variety of food that was available. They were very accommodating with our large group when we brought the team and supporters in late Saturday after the Championship game.
Gritty's is a great place for a great time.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The beer is great. We had a seasonal special, Bourbon Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout. It was very very good. The food was ok. Two of us had meatloaf with mashed potatoes and fried green beans. Everything was good but the potatoes where cold. Overall good basic pub food with above average beer. We will go back.