“Good view, good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gritty Mc Duff's Brewing Co

Gritty Mc Duff's Brewing Co
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gritty McDuff's, Maine's Original Brew Pub specializes in hand-crafted English style ales and traditional and creative pub fare, in a friendly and fun atmosphere. Both Gritty's fine ales and the pubs have won countless "best of" awards through our twenty-five years of operation. Our standard brews are session beers, Gritty's Pub-Style Pale Ale, McDuff's Best Bitter, Black Fly Stout, allowing one to have multiple beers within a reasonable time period without overwhelming the senses. Our seasonal and varietal ale offerings are more adventurous, some with a higher ABV, and some with higher IBU. We brew a beer for all craft brew palates. For the diner, we offer traditional pub fare alongside not so traditional specialty items. Our pub-style long tables with benches easily accommodate parties of all sizes and add to the camaraderie.
Needham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good view, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Gritty's is worth the trip. Sat outside on a nice fall day and enjoyed the blacked fish burrito. Good food, good service!

Clayton, Ohio
“Great brews; Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love Gritty's stout, which rivals our fav Guinness. Had a delicious multi-course dinner for an event. Each course was paired with a beer. All was delicious and the servers were pleasant, patient, and helpful.

Warren, New Hampshire
“Quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Was at the Garden Hilton for a wedding and needed a quick bite as a late lunch. My wife and I had the Philly steak with fries. It was good. It has been quite a while since we had this good of a cheese steak. The fries were hot and the service was good. We didn't have much time to enjoy the atmosphere but we would visit again if we are in the neighborhood.

Poland, Maine
“Bleh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Normally I LOVE this place and have been to it several times. This visit was different. I got the chicken melt which was good... until I took the leftovers home and pulled them out the next day and found a (pubic) hair in the fries. I was grossed out. I dumped out the fries and thought I'd just eat the sandwich... until I looked at it... and there was one there, as well. I stopped back the next day to talk to a manager, but they were all at a manager's function. The sandwich is sitting in my car until I can get back there to resolve this issue. I hope this was a one time deal. It'll be a long time before I can eat there again.

• Visited September 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Place for Music and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great, GREAT beer in a relaxed atmosphere. Bring a few friends and you've got it made.
Great foods and good portions. Price is good value for money.
In Summer you can stay outside and enjoy the sunset over the river.

• Visited July 2013