“Basic Brewpub Fare”

Gritty Mc Duff's Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gritty McDuff's, Maine's Original Brew Pub specializes in hand-crafted English style ales and traditional and creative pub fare, in a friendly and fun atmosphere. Both Gritty's fine ales and the pubs have won countless "best of" awards through our twenty-five years of operation. Our standard brews are session beers, Gritty's Pub-Style Pale Ale, McDuff's Best Bitter, Black Fly Stout, allowing one to have multiple beers within a reasonable time period without overwhelming the senses. Our seasonal and varietal ale offerings are more adventurous, some with a higher ABV, and some with higher IBU. We brew a beer for all craft brew palates. For the diner, we offer traditional pub fare alongside not so traditional specialty items. Our pub-style long tables with benches easily accommodate parties of all sizes and add to the camaraderie.
Chicago, Illinois
“Basic Brewpub Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Gritty's is part of a small Maine-based chain of brewpubs. Beer (home-brewed) was good, food was OK -- pretty much what you might expect for a brewpub. The standard fare was pretty good, but I wouldn't stress the kitchen. Service was slow, as the place was busy. Very noisy.

Visited August 2013

Auburn, Maine
“Our go to Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

When we have guests visit from our of town, or if we decide to go out and grab a few beers, Grittys is our go to bar and pub. The food is good and what you would expect to find in a pub. The beer selection is great and even the mixed drinks are delicious. They always have seasonal options that will not disappoint. Food can get a bit pricey, but the drinks are a great value! The atmosphere is great and they have live music from time to time. The only thing stopping me from rating this restaurant "excellent" is the wait staff. There are a few waitresses that are terrific and I always have a great experience. However, on occasion we get a waitress that is not as pleasant but we always return because it is a great place to have a few drinks.

• Visited July 2013
Camden, Maine
“Cider and wings = WINNING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I believe there are just those times where good service creates the perfect experience. These days an experience that executes itself as if it was all rehearsed is just so hit or miss these days. The service we experienced was the perfect amount of attentiveness, interaction, and anticipation. Being slammed when we arrived, to a 45min outside wait and approx 20-30min inside; my fiancé and I opted for quick bar seats and am I ever so glad we did. Andrea waited on us and as much as her and the bar were all over the place with incoming orders and sales she never missed a beat to say hello right off and get our beverages right out. Quickly thereafter we ordered as we knew our game plan when we arrived. This place was hopping! Due to I'm sure, both a summer Saturday evening coupled with the Great Falls Balloon Festival. The food came out in great time and was prepared to perfection; my fiances steak salad was even medium rare as ordered. The kitchen was on point tonight!

My hats off to this establishment for keeping standard even with the swell of business, they all knew their part in this operation to execute the evening.

Again, I cannot say enough about Andrea, she was a perfect example of service with and smile while multitasking all of the rest of her duties.

You have to try their cider!

• Visited August 2013
Alexandria, VA
“Good Pub with Good Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good variety of beer and food, and a neat little hangout. Nothing overly special or unique if you've been to other brewery/pubs. Certainly a place I would return to for a reasonable lunch/dinner and beer.

• Visited June 2013
Maine
“Food varies, beer is always great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm not a big fan of the food at their Auburn location. It really varies in quality. My last meal I had a burger and it was delicious! Char-grilled to perfection and lots of flavor. The service is usually very good and the beer is always great

Visited March 2013