“Dined with a family and in the bar”

Gritty Mc Duff's Brewing Co
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Gritty McDuff's, Maine's Original Brew Pub specializes in hand-crafted English style ales and traditional and creative pub fare, in a friendly and fun atmosphere. Both Gritty's fine ales and the pubs have won countless "best of" awards through our twenty-five years of operation. Our standard brews are session beers, Gritty's Pub-Style Pale Ale, McDuff's Best Bitter, Black Fly Stout, allowing one to have multiple beers within a reasonable time period without overwhelming the senses. Our seasonal and varietal ale offerings are more adventurous, some with a higher ABV, and some with higher IBU. We brew a beer for all craft brew palates. For the diner, we offer traditional pub fare alongside not so traditional specialty items. Our pub-style long tables with benches easily accommodate parties of all sizes and add to the camaraderie.
Houston, Texas
“Dined with a family and in the bar”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Right across from the hotel. A varied menu for a family meal. I also ate at the bar one night and as a single woman appreciated the bustle and friendly folks.

Visited October 2012

CoastalMaine
“Great brews and food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a fun place. They serve good food. Their brews are wonderful. They ran out of my favorite, but the place was packed with patrons. The service was fast and friendly, a hard thing to do when they are so busy.

Visited October 2012
Augusta, Maine
“Jessica & Gavin Smith Rock!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went to Gritty's on a lovely Maine August Tuesday evening to listen to the open mic session and have a few eats. My husband did not like the microbrews. He had some sort of sampler. I don't drink beer, so I can't add much to that. The food was plentiful and fairly priced. The music was fantastic. Next time, I want to go sit on the deck overlooking the river. It is a nice setting.

Visited August 2012
Lancaster, MA
“quick burger while watching the balloons”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

convenient, quick, good beer, friendly, best view in town of the river and balloon festival. Sat on the deck overlooking the river. Meet friendly couple for NH.

Visited August 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I visited Gritty McDuff's on August 18, 2012, during the Great Falls Balloon Festival. Gritty's has a great location on the corner of Main Street, and its' outdoor patio overlooks the Androscoggin River.

Gritty's is a small independent Brew Pub chain in Maine. I was looking forward to a good tasting beer and food. Gritty's was busy due to the Balloon Festival, but there was no wait, and a number of tables available.

We were promptly greeted and seated by our server, and each ordered a beer. My wife ordered the Vacationland, and I ordered the Red Claws Ale. My wife did not particularly care for her beer, and I found my Red Claws Ale just ok.

My wife ordered the Blackened Haddock Burrito and I ordered the BBQ Onion Ring Quesidilla. My quesidilla was nicely presented, but really just tasted like pulled pork inside of a soft taco. There were no onion rings on the plate, nor any onion ring flavor in the quesidilla, so the name fo the dish is a bit confusing. I found the meal to be ok, but nothing that I would order again. My wife gave me several bits of her Blackened Haddock Burrito, and I found it very bland. She generally loves any Haddock dish, but wasn't impressed.

We ordered waters when our meals came, but we didn't get them until our meals were almost entirely eaten. Our server was pleasant, but it seemed to me that the few servers in our area, had too many tables to provide good attentive service.

The men's bathroom paper towel dispenser was empty, a large roll lay on one of the two sinks, and the waste basket was overfulling with used paper towels that had overflown onto the floor. While I can understand some problems in keeping up with a busy service day, it was clear that the situation had existed for hours, and either no staff person was assigned to keep an eye on the men's bathroom or no staff persons cared ehough to report the situation or clean it up.

I prefer a small independent chain over national franchises almost any time, but we will not be back to Grittys in Auburn any time soon. It's too bad, it has a really nice location.

• Visited August 2012