“Very nice place”
Review of Sleepy Time Motel

Sleepy Time Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed at the Sleepy Time in Maine for my Bates College reunion. It was a very nice place, extremely clean, and quiet. The owners were gracious and welcoming. The price was reasonable and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sleepy Time Motel

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Clean and quiet little motel. Great location close to the highway.

The owners take pride in offering personal service in accomodating travelers to the Maine area. We will definitely stay at Sleepy Time when visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

So, I grew up in Maine, but have lived in Washington DC for 11 years. I occasionally visit Maine to see family and have always stayed at more expensive hotels like the Hilton Garden Inn (which is a nice hotel, but really? $240 a night for Auburn Maine?). This time, I decided to give the Sleepy Time a try, based on trip advisor ratings. We were more than pleasantly surprised! This little motel is quiet, super clean, and has all the amenities you could need. The towels were better than those in much fancier hotels. The staff were great and we will definitely stay here again. My only recommendation to the owners is to install a sheer curtain behind the room darkeners, so that you can have them open while you are in the room but still have a bit of privacy. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCtraveller_11
Reviewed June 15, 2011

came up for a wedding celebration in New Gloucester, Maine-have many friends in the area-wanted to stay somewhere local over the weekend-this place was 15 minutes from the party. Read reviews of local hotels, and chose this one. The price for the 2 days was very reasonable. My expectations weren't very high. But...What a wonderful surprise!!! This place was awesome!!! A queen bed, cable TV, coffee pot & coffee, refrigerator, microwave, table & chairs, plates/utensils/napkins, even S & P. Two recliners. Lots of room. Fresh towels, & toiletries, both days. Clean!!! Clean!!! Clean!!! Inside & outside...This place was spotless!!! I raved about this place at the party!!! I highly recommend it!!! and would stay here, again, in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here after reading the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and the Sleepy Time Motel definitely lived up to its reputation. This is a small (6 rooms), no-frills motel, but the location is good, the value is excellent, and the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our dog was welcome, and the free wireless Internet was great. The proprietors are two of the nicest folks you'll meet and were very helpful throughout our stay. I would definitely stay here again, and I absolutely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaineScott
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We stayed at the motel for just over a week. Rooms are very comfortably appointed with beds, small table and chairs, reclining chair, microwave, refrigerator, and some utensils. Exceptionally clean, no "stale cigarette" smells. Allowed pets, there is a nice field behind the hotel to let your dog run and play some fetch. Very quiet despite being located close to the highway and a busy railroad track. Owners are friendly locals who will do what they can to help you out and are on site. Conveniently located to the highway and turnpike. Good value for the money. I highly recommend this place and plan to use them again should we have a need for a motel room in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CourtneyMD
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sleepy Time with my aunt and uncle. This motel was the cleanest I have ever stayed at. Mark and Lynn made us feel welcome and the rooms are set up to make you feel at home.

Our room had a queen size bed, 2 Lazy- Boy recliners, dining table & chairs, fridge, micro, coffee and even came with paper plates, cups napkins and plastic utensils.

I had never gotten that many amenities at many of the "higher" end hotels I have frequented in my life.

I would highly recommend a stay at the Sleepy Time if you are traveling to the Auburn area.

Its easy on and off Route 95 but found it far enough away so that the traffic was a non issue.

Thanks Lynn & Mark

Tammy & Greg

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Sleepy Time Motel? Share your experiences!