“Fantastic Hotel”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I rarely get away from our children, so when we do I like to try and make it count. We were in town for a Pirates Hockey game and looking for a place to stay. I wanted a room with a fire place and a jacuzzi for two and the Fireside Inn had one. The price for the room was at least $100 less than it would have been anywhere else and that is what attracted me to book the room. I am so glad I did! We ended up staying in their honeymoon suite which I highly recommend to anyone and everyone. The suite was two rooms with the bedroom being separate. The bedroom had a beautiful gas fireplace, a large flat screen TV, and a really nice Jacuzzi. I could have spent a week in that room. The other room had a nice small kitchenette, dining table, sofa, and TV. What really impressed me was how clean the room was. Every nook and cranny was wiped down and spotless. The other thing I loved was the products they use. I had forgotten my shampoo and thought that I was going to have to use the crappy hotel ones that are provided. I was so excited when I saw they use Bath and Body products. I do agree that the hotel is dated, but it's not worn down at all. All the furnishings are clean and nice looking. The shower/bath/jacuzzi/kitchen all look brand new because you can tell they keep them extremely clean. Even though the linens in pictures look like those cheesy ones from the 90's they aren't nearly as bad in person. I told my husband we have to go back once a month. It was such a nice relaxing stay and yet didn't cost us an arm and a leg. Thank you for such an incredible room at such an affordable price!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay W
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Lindsay W,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.com. I am so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed a romantic weekend getaway with us! I have passed along your kind words to all of the staff here at the Fireside. My housekeepers are ecstatic to hear you noticed all of the details they put into cleaning the rooms, they don't miss a beat! We are thrilled to hear you will be joining us again soon, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Amanda Fyfe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First of all the staff is very pleasent and that is much appreciated. Breakfast is basic but you can surely get bye. The overall building needs $$$ put into it, it's older. The beds are fine and the room was clean. Might consider other choices when returning to area, just to compare prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear v1960t,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff here at the Fireside Inn & Suites! I appreciate your comments about our facility. We are an older property and we take into consideration the different areas in need of improvement based on feedback from our guests. I will be sure to pass along your comments on the cleanliness of your room to the housekeeping staff- they are some of the best!! We hope to see you next time you are in Auburn!

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was hesitant to stay here based on some of the bad reviews and the price but we are travelling with 2 dogs which limits our choices. The base rate was $109 which was fine but $20/pet and tax brought it to $160 which is much higher than we have been paying on our cross country road trip. I must say that other than that our stay was great. The room was spacious, clean and everything worked. We had a microwave and refrigerator. Most surprising was a Keurig coffee maker. I have never seen this before in a motel. The breakfast was more than adequate with both cold and hot items. And you could sit down at the tables in the adjoining pub which was closed so plenty of tables. The grounds were great for our dogs with huge grassy areas. We were given a water bowl and dog biscuits at registration. We also got a small crème filled chocolate cake treat, like a devil dog as well. All this good stuff and we were in the old section of the motel in a pet room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear patandjon,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Inn. I am so happy you decided to give us a chance and had a great stay! I am sorry you found our pet-fee to be priced too high; we keep the fee at a “per pet” rate due to the extra time that goes into the cleaning of those rooms. I am happy you enjoyed all of the treats provided at check-in. You can look forward to receiving a whoopie pie, dog dish, and having a Keurig Coffee maker in the room anytime you stay at a Fireside Inn & Suites! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Green Bay
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We began our 7 day vacation spending the night here. Made reservation based on the website. Big mistake! The only thing this hotel has going for it was the friendly staff. Period! Dark, damp, dirty rooms ... even when switched because first room on the ground floor was even more unacceptable and disgusting than the second floor one. This place needs a TOTAL overall from floors to ceilings. We paid more to stay at his shabby inn than any of the other wonderful establishments that followed! Very disappointed. :(

Room Tip: My tip --- do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear E O,
I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy our accommodations. We are an older motel and with this summer being so wet and dreary it did give some of our rooms a dark, damp feel to them. I’m sorry you were unhappy with your free upgrade to our deluxe fireplace room. Being on the second floor these rooms usually get the most daylight and having a view of our courtyard usually would help to lighten the feel of the room. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Fireside Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was a bit skeptical about this place as it was located just off the highway. But, the front desk lady was so welcoming to me, and gave me personal attention all the way to my room in the newly renovated section of the hotel. Upon rising the complimentary breakfast was far more than I'd ever seen in a hotel. I slept well....no truck noise from the highway. The 2nd nite my TV did not work, so I was moved to an even better newer renovated room; I felt like royalty at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to stay at a hotel that may look like a truck stop. All was well at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank nanceb1439
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear nanceb1439,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fireside Inn & Suites. I am happy to hear you gave us a chance and had a wonderful stay! I apologize for the television acting up on your second night here; we were in the midst of a major turn-over and unfortunately it caused disruption for some of the TV’s (all which have now been resolved). I am happy to hear my front desk clerks were very helpful in making sure you were comfortable! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Auburn!

Hanson, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed there for the balloon fest. The room was a little out dated. the bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was very nice for the weekend. the staff was very nice and help full. Was a little high in price. thought the place would be nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear maryannhanlon,
Thank you for taking a moment to review us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend in Auburn for the Great Falls Annual Balloon Festival. It is a busy time of year for us and always helps us to wind down the summer. I would like to thank you for your opinion of our rooms. We are always trying to update our rooms by adding modern amenities such as the Keurig coffee brewer and Bath & Body Works products, but being an older building it does have a more vintage feel to it. I’m happy to hear my staff was helpful and accommodating to you during your stay and that you enjoyed the continental breakfast. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Room was small and crowded with furniture. Carpet was really dirty and sticky. Tiny bathroom. When I turned on the shower faucets, the escutcheons were loose and moved exposing holes in the tile. The lobby was really outdated, but the people at the front desk were friendly. I would, nevertheless not recommend this as a place to stay

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rita M
FiresideAuburn, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Rita M,
I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleasant visit during your recent stay with us at the Fireside. I agree with you that there is a lot of furniture in the rooms; however we like to accommodate to all guests so all needs are met. Also, I would like to note that not all rooms are as small as the particular room that you were in. I will be passing along the information regarding the shower faucets to our maintenance department to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Amanda Fyfe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Center Street Value Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!