“Great service, good value, TV screens everywhere”

Gipper's Sports Grill
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Auburn, Maine
“Great service, good value, TV screens everywhere”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Gipper's is easy to drive right by, as it's located near the back of a non-descript strip mall, but you would do well to seek it out and give it a try. It ranks among my favorite places in L/A and I don't think you'll find another establishment in the area with more TVs tuned to sporting events.

It seems that every wall is covered with screens, so no matter which side of the table you're sitting on you'll have your choice of several to choose from. Obviously the Red Sox and Patriots command many (or all) of the screens when they're playing, but I've watched basketball, tennis, racing, and more. Once I even found a screen with my alma mater Wisconsin Badgers hockey team playing in the Frozen Four.

Gipper's has a large and varied menu, so you'll find whatever you're in the mood for. A favorite of ours is the nacho plate, which is enormous and easily feeds two. Also, for what it's worth, I've found the burgers here to be just OK. Not terrible, but there are better burgers to be found in town. In general the prices at Gipper's are reasonable and I think it's a good value for the money, and one of the better values in town.

One thing I like about Gipper's is the unfailingly friendly service. Every time we've been there I've found all of the staff to be exceptionally warm and friendly, and the service is usually pretty snappy. In my opinion Gipper's has some of the best staff in town.

Overall I definitely recommend Gipper's. If you want to watch some sports while you eat then it's really your best bet in L/A.

“great place to watch sports, they also have trivia to play, good pulled pork sandwich”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

“Good place for pub food...”
Reviewed November 17, 2007

Good place for pub food and to see a game!!