“Been twice, will keep going back for more!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Wareham, Massachusetts, United States
“Been twice, will keep going back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been to The Village Inn restaurant on two different visits to Auburn, and it has been fantastic each time. The servers are pleasant and attentive, especially the first one we met, Christie? I think was her name. My favorite dish was the fish chowder, it reminded me so much of the chowder my mom used to make from fish we would catch together. Their fish and chips had a very light coating and cooked to perfection. I live near Cape Cod Mass, and we have seafood often, but The Village Inn is way better than any other. We even went back another day to purchase chowder to go for a family member who had just had surgery. This place is tops on my list! But do not let the picture on this listing fool you, the restaurant has been redone since those photos were taken.

• Visited October 2013

Jay, Maine
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had never been to the Village Inn before, but someone recommended it to me so I decided to give it a try. At first I was disappointed because we were told it would be a ten minute wait when I could see empty booths from where I was sitting. Anyway it ended up being five minutes and that was the only problem I had. The server was very nice and even turned the air down for us as where we were sitting seemed to be where the air conditioning came out. The food came out quick and was excellent!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank talex2012
Auburn, Maine
“Nice local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a go to restaurant when we have company in town who are looking to eat seafood and go to a local, reasonably priced location. You will find the restaurant relatively full on any given night with regulars. They have fresh seasfood, nice steaks, a great prime rib and huge portions. We highly recommend this restaurant. We have been to this restaurant probably once ever six weeks for the last five years and when we have had something come out incorrectly, it has been corrected promptly and we have always been compensated.
Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Time for a rescue show!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The server made a number of mistakes including my initial order with those guests who sat around me. Wrong couple for wines ordered. Wrong entree for two seperate gentlemen. He swapped the orders between them. yes they sat at different booths. Only after one got the nerve to question what he had, did it come to light. I asked for clam chowder, and he came back with Seafood chowder. I decided to try it without complaint because I did originally consider the Seafood Chowder, but price detered me for a cup. It is anything but award winning. They use Canned Shrimp. This tells me a lot! Then the server realized he never asked me what I wanted for dinner until a half hour later. Needless to say it was time for me to go. I asked for the check, he apologized for his for his actions as he did with the others, but I decided it was time to leave.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fish chowder was excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everyone in our group had seafood and it was all good whether baked or fried. Good value. Chowders are a real stand-out. Outdoor seating area is just a section of the parking lot.

• Visited July 2013