“We got what we expected...”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 104 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Myself, my wife and her son were looking for a place to eat last Saturday night and this Mexican place fit the bill. We had been before and had good experiences. Tonight was no different. The guy who seated us was cordial and engaging. Our server was thoughtful and attentive. She made extra points with my wife by saying folks instead of the way overused term "guys". She has on more than one occasion corrected a server that she is NOT a guy. A pet peeve of hers. The food was served nice and hot. Plenty enough on the plate to fill us up. A bit pricey as tex-mex fare is cheap to prepare. Over all it was a good visit.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for the nice review. We hope you and your family can return again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a chain restaurant that has good Mexican food. They offer a variety of different dishes which are standard fare for a Mexican restaurant. All kicked up by homemade salsa and guacamole. They are one of a few Mexican restaurants that will offer their fruity margaritas (like strawberry and raspberry) on the rocks as opposed to frozen with lots of extra sugar. Fun night out whether with your significant other or with a group of friends.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks for the review and we are glad you like our offerings. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife, daughter, and I stopped in for a quick meal during Happy Hour last week. We decided to try something different and order off the specials menu. Usually, we eat in the main restaurant area. That was a lot of fun. It's good to try different offerings.

The best part was that even though we were there early, the host brought out a balloon just for my daughter. She was so happy, especially with the fruit snacks attached. We were treated very well even though we didn't order that much food. All was very tasty.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thanks for the nice review! We are glad you discovered our Happy Hour specials and that your daughter had a special time! Please come again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I came in for dinner with my two kids and my husband, we ordered our appetizer and our meals, our waiter Dan was super nice, out comes our appetizer and the kids food, he apologized for the kids meals coming out early, then immediately after he left our table out comes our food! Wow that's service, but we haven't even finished our appetizer! I get to my meal and it's ice cold and it's wrong! It takes me 20 minutes to get the waiters attention (I should add that it's after 6pm on a Sunday and dead) finally I get his attention and he is still very nice, but I should also mention that I never once saw a manager walking around and he or she never came to the table to check in on us or ask if he could assist us with anything! I love margaritas but this visit was just not what it should of been! Not sure if I will come back or not!

Erik F, Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hello, my name is Erik Flye and I am a Manager at the Margaritas in Auburn. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit here on Sunday; I agree it was not up to the standard it should have been. Our goal is to provide you the same great experience- the kind that made you love us in the first place- every single time you come in and eliminate instances like this. I'm so sorry we let you down. We take these kinds of situations seriously and, as such, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak about this in more detail. I will send you a private message with my contact information. Thanks again and I hope to talk with you soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband & I had gone to Margaritas for a couple years especially for the chili rellenos which were served with poblano peppers. Last November or December we returned for same. Yuck!!! Even the server admitted this dish had been changed. What a shame. They had a good product & simply trashed it. The quality of our food was definitely not worth the price. We will not return.