“Nice Staff----But”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This property is really lovely. When I approached the desk, I was greeted by a nice young lady who I didn't know at the time was the manager. Her name is Meghan, and she was so warm and caring. I told her of the awful day I had and she acted sincerely interested. She offered us a reduced rate on the room and threw in breakfast. She also said she was giving us a nice room overlooking the water. I was so impressed with the way she treated us. I love Hilton Garden Inns and have never had any kind of an issue at any I've stayed at. Almost immediately upon entering the room my husband fell asleep. When I came out of the shower, I noticed there was medium length black hair on the back of the toilet tank. I thought to myself that it hadn't been cleaned. When I went into the room I looked around and was amazed at what I found. Had my husband not been sleeping, I would have requested another room. The dark brown carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed as there were little while fluffs on it in several areas, The backs of the beds were filthy with dust. I even ran my finger over half of mine and was able to draw a squiggly line on it. It was so bad that piles of dust landed on my pillow. The tops of all the furniture were also very dusty. The outside of the microwave was dirty, and the furniture top in front of the glasses for the coffee was dirty with dried on food or beverage, I couldn't tell which. I have been in very few properties that were this dusty and poorly maintained, and I have never been in a Hilton that was kept to these standards. It was pretty obvious to me that the poor housekeeping practices had been going on long before just my visit. Furniture doesn't get as dusty as this furniture was in a day or two. This was several days of neglect on the part of someone. Before leaving, I made a list of the problems, not to be nasty, but rather to let management know of what I found. Again, I would like to thank Meghan for the excellent job that she did. To housekeeping, for shame. This is a Hilton property, not some cheap, cut rate chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Barbara:

Thank you for staying with us while in the Auburn-Lewiston area:

Furthermore, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor.
We would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We would like to assure you that this is not in keeping with the high standards of service you would expect from us.

Your comments have been shared with our team, and steps have been taken to make certain this does not happen again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place was easy to find, clean, and friendly staff. It was easy to "get around" the area from where it was located. The place had many features to utilize if you just wanted to stay there such as gym, pool, nice bar, beautiful lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Paulette:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Your feedback is valued. Our team is committed to providing memorable service, and we're glad it showed. We also love hearing that you enjoyed our facilities.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

On checking in, we entered our room. We found the toilet was full of urine, and urine covered the floor. I tried calling the front desk, but couldn't hear them, as the phone in the room wasn't working correctly. We went downstairs, and Kayleigh at the front desk immediately put us in to a different room. The following morning, there was no hot water to take a shower, and were told that it had broken. Kayleigh was very understanding, and did what she could (offered us free breakfast), but this stay was atrocious.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Edwin F
HGIAuburnMEGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Edwin:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us via Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your comments and would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Your comments have been shared with our team and steps have been taken to assure this type of situation does not happen again.
We hope you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to make showcase our service

Sincerely

The Reception Team

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was my first time at the Hilton in Maine and the view of the river and falls was great. The in-room service took a little time to get but the food was very good. Comfort wise the pillows were the best part and they only use one sheet to cover the beds. Overall a really great experience

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank craigmercier

Good Day Craig:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in the Auburn-Lewiston area.
Furthermore, thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to our area.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had an emergency visit to Maine without a place to stay. I saw the sign off the highway and followed it to the most wonderful surprise of a beautiful Hotel sitting at the bottom of the hill.
They were very accommodating and took in this poor tired traveler. The lobby is beautiful and my room was well appointed and spotlessly clean. The linens and towels were sparkling white and the room was pin drop quiet. An added plus was the coffee maker in the room. I'm a Hilton Honors member and was treated wonderfully by Meghan the Manager but I suspect they treat everyone like they are one also. I look forward to staying with them again in the near future. Thank You

Room Tip: I always stay above the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernadette D
HGIAuburnMEGM, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Jathan Fink:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the oasis at the bottle of the hill! Our team truly loves what they do and we hope that it shows through our dedication and passion. I am so happy you found us and will be back! Thank you for sharing your kind words with TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Meghan D'Abrosca
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
meghan.d'abrosca@hilton.com
207-784-4433

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Recent renovations improved an already stellar outpost of the Hilton chain. The lobby with coffee in the am and snacks and drinks in the pm offers spaces to relax or watch a game. The rooms are clean and spacious offering both fixed and wireless connections. Views of half the rooms are of the mighty falls of the Androscoggin River that once powered the mills that made this metropolis great once. Health club now has new equipment.
In all a great experience especially for the price.
Hotel fills up during the week so reserve early.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mof1
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice accommodations with a pretty view over the falls. Clean rooms and helpful staff. The hotel is easy to find from the turnpike. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, but was good. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Douglas D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!