“Nice room with friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room was comfortable and spacious (king size bed) with a microwave and refridgerator. The website did not advertise a fitness center but I was happy to find out they had one. The fitness center had decent equipment with two treadmills, one elliptical, a stationary bike and weights. There was a pool and hot tub but did not get a chance to stay in it. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions to where we needed to go. There was complimentary coffee in the morning and fruit water and snacks in the afternoon. The only thing I wished they offered was a complimentary breakfast. There was a bar/dining area where breakfast could be ordered but we never ate there as it was cheaper to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice room, decent hotel. Paid for a King suite and got a one-room hotel room (slightly larger than normal) for an excessive price; a price I might pay for a 2-room suite (that is what was advertised). Very small pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Was here for business overnight. The hotel has a kind of fake luxury; it looks very good but is not wholly comfortable. The pillows were lumpy (small squares) and the bedding insufficient for fall in Maine. The staff was very good. The pool is a pretty indoor pool, quite small, and the hot tub was very clean. Dinner at the hotel was just average. I wish I'd found another place to eat. The waterfalls outside the hotel were lovely. The business part of the trip was excellent, with adequate equipment and service (we ate breakfast and lunch). Parking was easy and plentiful. Bring black electrical tape: there are lots of little lights all over the room when the lights are out. My room had minifridge, microwave and Kerig coffeemaker.

Room Tip: Bring black electrical tape: there are dozens of little lights on from the various electrical gadget...
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The wedding reception was held here and we got a room at a special rate. The room was very nice even though we did not upgrade to a riverview room. There was a football team that arrived late in the evening but if we hadn't opened our window we would not have heard them. The halls were clean and very quiet. The food for the wedding was really good. The maple, walnut glazed pork was great. The staff was very helpful and polite. We went down for the breakfast and beat the football team by about 30 minutes and so we got to dine in quiet. The cooked to order omelet was perfection! There was secured parking and we really enjoyed our stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Turn the lights off in this very expensive room and you can still read a newspaper from all the ambient and extraneous light! From clock radio to the TV to the microwave and hairdryer, all appliances were lit. The smoke detectors and thermostat were lit. Add to that the light leaking under the door, through the peep hole and around the draperies, and there was no way to darken the room enough to sleep. From now on I will travel with a black out kit of black electrical tape and opaque material to blot the offending light. But I would like to know what the point of all those lit appliance is.

The hotel was remiss in curtailing the noise and commotion in the third floor hallway that sounded like a cross between a polo match and wind sprints until well after midnight.

All in all I had a miserable and expensive night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn.

Room Tip: The Great Falls are a lovely sight, but noisy. Choose side away from the falls.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the Garden Inn in Auburn for a night on a business trip. The room was very spacious with a spacious bathroom and view over the river and waterfalls which was very nice. The breakfast offered a good choice of everything you need including made to order omelets and eggs. It's walking distance from the city centre streets offering a variety of shops, bars and restaurants. Definitively a good address in Auburn.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel a lot and I am always at the mercy of the airlines I fly. I was delayed in Chicago and contacted the hotel and to advised them I was going to be late and to hold my room and they stated it would not be a problem. I arrived late and found that the gave my room away and there were no other rooms available. I was sent to a third rate hotel about three miles from the Hilton in a less than desirable part of time. The entire event was a nightmare.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank John B
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent visit. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation and regret any discomfort or hassle you experienced. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures to better serve our guests moving forward. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Scott McKenney

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Fireside Inn & Suites
Center Street Value Inn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!