“Romantic Weekend Getaway”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived after sunset and didn't realize the spectacular view until we woke the next morning; maybe we would have arrived earlier if we had an idea of just how beautiful it was. We had a corner room on the fourth floor; it was a great room to see the multitude of waterfalls. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was very reasonably priced at $10.95 and included a chef for cooked-to-order omeletes/eggs, french toast, pancakes, etc. The fruit was fresh, there was also a great variety of breads and muffins, oatmeal, crepes and yogurts, cereals and more. Wait Service was excellent and the coffee was delicious! There's a short, scenic walk around the Falls that is very enjoyable. We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the waterfalls. Bring your camera!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while we participated in the Dempsey Challenge. They were incredibly accommodating and helpful. They went out of their way for the many of us with our bicycles and wet gear (rainy weekend). We will be staying here for next year's Challenge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good clean rooms, nice indoor pool and jaccuzzi. Workout room actually has weights to 50 LBs. good location. Pricey for Auburn. Good home made cookies every afternoon!! Ask for the 4th floor and you will get a good size room with lots of open space.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SALEM_JOHN
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a corner room on the second floor overlooking the river. It was a very nice room, the room was big, had a microwave and refrigerator. The jetted tub was fantastic. The only downside I can think of is the water preasure in the shower, it was a little low, not bad though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel overbooked and cancelled my reservation when I arrived, even though my employer (it was a work trip) has a standing contract with Hilton and I had made the reservation well in advance. At the end of a long tiring travel day, this was a bad surprise.

They had arranged to send me to a much worse hotel across town with paper-thin walls, an uncomfortable bed, and creepy faux-medieval decor throughout.

This hotel does not have qualms about screwing over its customers. I highly recommend making reservations elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I can understand your frustration! Please know that we value you and your employers business. It is certainly not our practice to send our valued guests to other properties and I apologize you left with the impression that you were relocated due to an overbooking situation. In all honesty, despite all of my maintenance teams efforts we were unable to utilize the room you were scheduled for due to a maintenance issue. As a result, we secured a room at the closest area hotel with rooms available, paid the charges and tried to contact you. Unfortunately, no contact information was provided on your reservation and we were unable to contact you before your arrival.

While emergencies happen it is certainly not our practice to relocate guests. However, I do certainly emphathize with your frustration! I certainly hope that you will give us a second opportunity to provide you with accomodations upon your next visit to the Lewiston/Auburn area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to discuss this further with you.

Hospitably,
Scott McKenney
scott.mckenney@hilton.com

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, most recently in August 2012, while traveling on business, and always had a comfortable stay. The location is nice, right at the bridge between Auburn and Lewiston and next to the river and falls, with good views from the rooms and walking paths and spots to sit outdoors when the weather is nice. The service and rooms have been consistently good (though pretty much standard for what you'd find at a similar business hotel anywhere else). The lobby is nice, and includes a restaurant and bar and sitting area with a fireplace, a business center and meeting rooms. Breakfast is not included, but there is free coffee, and coffee makers in the rooms, and the front desk puts out free cookies at night - a nice touch. My only complaint is that the under-window air conditioning systems in the rooms seem a bit out of date - a little noisy and hard to keep the rooms at a consistent temperature.

If you have time, try the popular local brewery and restaurant Gritty's is an easy walk across the street for good food, drinks and live music.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

There aren’t many hotels in the Auburn/Lewiston Maine area, and this is the nicest. It is a newer hotel right on the falls/river with some great views.

The staff was friendly and the room service was excellent (the seafood bake and the steak I had were wonderful).

The rooms are nice and up to date as is the equipment in the workout facility.

Right outside/behind the hotel is a nice walk area with benches by the river and one night a week (weather permitting) they have live entertainment (bands, singers, etc) on the outdoor patio which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!