“Scenic view, Good staff”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Scenic view, Good staff”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Someone else who knows the area chose the hotel for us and we applaud the choice.

The property is well kept up. The rooms are clean and welcoming. We had a falls view room --so maybe it isn't Niagara Falls, but it was still Mother Nature in all her glory and we loved it. The Riverwalk is right at the hotel and goes in either direction. We walked along it before dinner. The hotel is also right at the bridge into Lewiston--which we walked across to go to Fishbones (10 minute walk from the hotel). I walked it the next day while DH was in meetings.

The buffet breakfast was well worth the price. Thank you, Carl, for a most delicious cooked to order omelette.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our property! I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the falls during your visit! The Riverwalk behind our hotel has been an excellent addition and has become a favorite walking and running trail. I am glad you were able to enjoy fishbones as well. It is a quick walk and well worth it!

I have passed along your comments to Chef Carl regarding his Omelette! I, too, would agree that they are very delicious! If your travels bring you to Auburn again I would strongly suggest ordering one of Chef Carls infamous "kitchen sink" pancakes. They are excellent!

Thank you again for staying with us! Please feel free to contact me if I may offer further assistance!

scott.mckenney@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
Dartmouth, MA
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is my first choice hotel when staying in Auburn/Lewiston. It's a very comfortable hotel with nice rooms and friendly staff. It's a good central city location so it's easy to walk to nearby restaurants. I love the walking paths along the Androscoggin River. The rooms were clean and spacious. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but I did appreciate the hot beverages available all the time by the front desk.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with a river view, just because it's better than looking out over the of...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your comments and for making our hotel your first choice when visiting the area! We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel! Our housekeeping staff works diligently to ensure the cleanliness of the property! I agree that the Riverwalk is excellent!

I hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon!

Take care,
Durham, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We had our wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch and I could not think of a better place to do it. We worked with both Amanda and Brooke as the sales managers to get everything figured out before hand. Amanda is so knowledgeable and has been doing this for a while and is really helpful. Brooke has so many great ideas and really helped to create the vision that we wanted. We had booked the bridal suite for the night before and night of the wedding and then I booked a room a few days before the wedding to set up everything. When I got there, Meg, the Front Office Manager had already had me in the bridal suite. This was perfect as I was able to spread out all of my decorations and not have to move rooms half way through the stay. We had a meeting with Sharon, Food and Beverage Manager and Brooke to go over all the details. The two of them are so on-top of everything, it went so smoothly! They were asking me questions I had not even thought of! The whole staff was so accommodating. The HR Manager, Allison, helped me unload all of my centerpeices. She even offered to help get some last minute decorations! The room was set up perfectly on the day of the wedding - even down to my crazy headtable set up. Sharon ran the whole event and checked in with us all the time, keeping us on schedule, letting us know what was going on. Everything was perfect! Couldn't ask for anything better!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you chose our hotel for your special day! It is so wonderful to hear that our staff was able to assist you from beginning to end! Both Amanda and Brooke are extremely knowledgable. They are an excellent Sales team! I am glad Meghan at our front desk and Sharon, our Food and Beverage Manager was able to accomodate you both as well!

Best Wishes on your marriage! We hope we will have an opportunity to accomodate you in the future!

Kind Regards,
Idstein, Germany
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at the Garden Inn River Watch several times since April 2011.

Staff are excellent, everyone goes out of their way to help.

Everything is neat and clean; good fitness room.

Breakfast is very good, too.

Would recommend this hotel over any other one at Auburn, including Lewiston.

Location is directly by the Androscoggin River with nice view of the falls. Also near to pubs and banks in the center of Aburn

• Stayed October 2011
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We certainly are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works extremely hard to ensure outstanding service, clean rooms and good food. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope you will be able to visit us again soon!

Skowhegan
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very beautiful view of the river from our room. Very nice accommodations and helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Request a river view room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your kind words regarding our accomodations and staff! I would have to agree that our location next to the Androscoggin River and the view of the Great Falls is amazing. It is quite a site to see how much water actually flows off of the falls!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Lewiston/Auburn area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My son and I drove up from Philadephia to attend my nephew's wedding on Friday, Oct. 7, 2011. The reception was being held at the Hilton Garden Inn and so the wedding party and all of us decided to stay there. It was wonderful! Everything about the hotel and reception ( food, service, presentation, etc) was done to perfection. I'm sure everyone had a memorable time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
We are certainly glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time at your nephew's wedding! We were glad to have been a part of his special day and we are so happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the food and the event!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We hope that you will be able to visit us again on your next trip to Maine!

Reviewed August 26, 2011

First off, I want to point out that I am a Diamond Elite member of the Hilton Hotels and spend 3-5 nights a week at a Hilton branded hotel. I want to share two experiences here, both corporate reservations.
The first time I stayed was in the spring, and I was offered a room at $189 a night. Maybe slightly higher than I usually see at a Garden Inn, but it was fine. Room was great, as usual. Good location in downtown Auburn.
The next time I was in Auburn, (August) I went straight for this Garden Inn. Judging by parking space, the hotel was not very full. First off, I was told a basic room would be $289 a night. Honestly? It's your average Garden Inn. Nothing special here, folks. Then, upon reviewing my identification, the girl at the counter told me she was unable to offer me a room because I am under 21, as per state law.
I am still outraged. This Garden Inn turned away a Diamond Elite honors member, professional on business, and a returning customer, WITH FALSE INFORMATION. Maine has no such law.

Good luck filling your hotel with that kind of policy. I hope the staff here is properly evaluated by Hilton corporate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank adamwild
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Mr. Wild,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch. Your commitment to Hilton Hotels is admirable and certainly is appreciated!

I am glad that upon your first visit with us you found both our rooms and location to be great! Our staff works hard to ensure that we offer clean, comfortable rooms to our guests.

I can certainly understand your frustration upon your second visit! It certainly appears to have been a misunderstanding upon your arrival! It is always our goal to offer world class service and it is feedback such as yours that allows us to fine tune our skills!

I have personally reviewed your post with our staff to clarify our policies regarding guests under 21 to ensure that we are accurately conveying the correct information to our guests.

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback! I hope upon your next visit to the Auburn area you will give us a second chance to provide you with the service that you deserve!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

scott.mckenney@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Fireside Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Center Street Value Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch? Share your experiences!