“Mediocre sandwiches meets bad service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 96 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Fast Food, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Roy’s provides an ideal setting for the entire family. The restaurant offers a variety of foods to accompany the hamburgers made famous by the grade “A” steak cut, ground and pattied on site daily. There is also an 18 hole mini-golf course and an expansive golf driving range. Roy’s also has two weekly events: Cruise Night every Tuesday night when car collectors showcase their favorite cars, and Bike Night every Thursday night.
“Mediocre sandwiches meets bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I heard from many people that Roy's was known for it's cheese steaks and hamburgers, so on a recent drive through Auburn, I thought I'd check it out. I was extremely disappointed and certainly don't think this place lived up to its expectations. The cheesesteak was rubbery, bland and no better quality than an average sub shop. The counter staff were curt and rather impolite...like they just wanted to take your order and get you out of there. Beware: It is cash or check only so be prepared. Otherwise, you will have to pay a lofty ATM fee inside.

Wouldn't recommend this place unless you're really hungry. The breakfast is cheap and pretty good.

1 Thank mangoclaude

“annual family vacation stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our long vacation rides wouldn't be the same without Roy's, it is the perfect stretch you legs spot! The burgers are delicious, we like them loaded (with relish, mustard, and grilled onions)- they are small, either we get 2 each or a double. The fries are outta this world - beach fries as my uncle calls them!! ( we like ours with a few shakes of vinegar and a little extra salt). My son loves introducing our vacation guests to Roy's year after year- never disappointed

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“REAL DRIVE IN BURGER STAND”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Drive from Wells to Auburn looking for an old fashioned burger and fries. I was not looking for anything exotic. The burgers were not large but very tasty. Next time I'd order a double but that's me. My wife was happy with the size of her burger. The burgers came with your choice of condiments which were cook applied. The fried were very good and were not the typical frozen variety expected at most places. They were fresh and double cooked. Again the portion was adequate and just fine for one. The serving staff was comprised of working students who were happy to help. The window service was courteous as well as the only type available. If you are looking for an old fashioned family burger stand you won't be dissatisfied.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Should Not Have Ordered the Fish Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I used to go to Roy's in town location all the time with my Dad. We always loved the burgers and fries. So, I decided to bring my adult daughter and 3 year old grandson to the restaurant and golf center.

We had a great time at the mini golf before lunch. At $4.00 each, the price was definitely right!
The gentleman running the golf shack was very nice and lots of fun. Highly recommend the mini golf.

Lunch was another story. My grandson loved his grilled cheese sandwich. My daughter and I ordered the fish special. VERY disappointing! We paid $9 for each special. There was a tiny container of cole slaw, which was tasty. The box was filled mostly with fries, which also were very good. But, there were only 3 fishstick style pieces of fried haddock in each box! For 9 bucks, I could have gone to numerous restaurants for a much better fish special.

Next time, we'll stick with the burgers and fries!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auburn, Maine
“Food, Golf, Batting cages and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Simple burgers, hand made fries, great ice cream and drinks, and all at a good price.

It's on a main road headed North, and a popular stop for folks looking for a good, quick meal.

Visited April 2013