“Great Place to Stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My stay at the Residence Inn in Auburn, ME was very enjoyable. Mary Ann at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful anytime I saw her. The room was very nice and also very clean. It is just down the hill from a Wal-Mart, which made it very convenient to get grocery. The room felt like home. Most hotels have time limits on the fitness center, but they do not. Their fitness center was able to access 24 hours a day, which is what I really loved. The only downside to the fitness center there were no wipes to wipe down the machines, weights or bench after use. Overall, loved my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. I was amazed how friendly the staff was. The desk agent gave us a personal tour of the hotel when we checked in and every time we passed the desk they either asked us what we had planned for the day or how our day was. Even the maid checked in with us.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed a night for a local event. The room was outstanding -- very clean and fresh with a full-sized refrigerator, stove, toaster, etc. The TV was a 40-inch LG that swiveled between the living room and the king bed. Speaking of the bed -- very, very nice for a good night's sleep. Huge bathroom too. Not exactly a scenic location out behind the malls, but a short drive to downtown Lewiston. Will stay here again for our next trip to Lewiston-Auburn.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed mostly in Hilton properties but for this business trip Auburn was more convenient. The staff at the front desk, kitchen were AMAZING!! The housekeeping staff was friendly with the exception of some that did not understand me Also they only spend 5-10 minutes it seems per room. Vacuuming is not done on a daily basis I found unless you ask them too. After a few weeks I had a regular housekeeper named Dawn that was fabulous, efficient and precise. In the kitchen mornings Glen did an outstanding job in keeping everything full of food and hot. Evenings was Dorinda OMG she was friendly accommodating. The only thing was they advertise on Tuesday nights BBQ but for weeks in a row it was cancelled for unacceptable reasons and substituted for pork. Which forced us to have to go out dinner which was not very accommodating for us. Overall my experiences were good and may consider staying here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have stayed at most of the motel in the Lewiston/Auburn area. They all have their pitfalls and - of the lot - this one is by far the best. It still has its issues.

The good:
Beautiful rooms: I LOVED the doors between the bedroom and living room. For once my sweetie and I managed not to wake each other with our opposing sleep cycles!
Decent pricing: Cheaper than the local Hilton and offers more
Very good breakfast for a continental: Food was good, service was great - free with the room which seems to be a rarity in L/A

The bad:
The pillows: I have no idea what it is but hotels can NEVER seem to find pillows that don't flatten out the minute your head touches them. These were worse than most.
The clocks: I want to sleep. GIANT clocks with bright green numbers don't help this, especially when placed so that they reflect off all the mirrors in the room.
The fire alarms: This one was weird. I have never seen fire alarms that flashed so brightly and so frequently. They were green instead of red and pulsed constantly instead of once every 5 minutes or so. And they likewise shone off all the mirrors in the bedroom. It made me long for a BB gun so I could get rid of it.

All in all I would stay there again, but I would buy a sleep mask first and bring my own pillows.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Traveling through Maine? Auburn is a beautiful town on the river and the Residence Inn Auburn is across the street from the mall and several excellent restaurants. The inn is very clean, well kept and excellent condition. Most importantly, the beds are VERY comfortable! Nice pool and barbeque deck. Hot breakfast was excellent and seating very comfortable with big screen TV to watch the morning news and read the free daily paper.
We really enjoyed our two nights in the suite with full size fridge, comfortable couch and rotating BIG flat screen TV that we could watch in bed, at the dining table or on the couch!
Staff was excellent and made us feel right at home!
Great place to stay in a great part of the country!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor - no need to take either of the two elevators and heard no noises!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was our 40th Anniversary so we decided to travel to Oxford Casino in Oxford Me then spend the night in Auburn Me after searching hotels in Lewiston/Auburn Me decided to stay at a really nice place. All the reviews were excellent and the pictures very nice. It was clean, quiet and very spacious room. All the front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Center Street Value Inn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn? Share your experiences!