“No luck of the Irish here...”

Danny Boy's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 96 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Waitstaff
“No luck of the Irish here...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a Friday night to take in some musical entertainment with family and friends. My wife and I were in our seats for close to 10 minutes without a waitress taking our drink order. So I went to the bar to get drinks and a couple of menus. I sat back down and noticed my sister didn't have a drink. I offered to get her one and she said she'd been waiting 45 minutes to be served. Quite ridiculous. I spoke up and a waitress came over at about the same time two more in our party had joined us. The waitress took my sister's drink order...and ignored everyone else including the new arrivals. And she got two food orders confused delivering meals to the wrong tables, (for reference we wound up as a party of 12. There were 10 other people in the joint including 3 sitting at the bar). She was challenged in her timing, making several wasted trips. She really was her own worst enemy. Two of us ordered a chicken wrap that came with cole slaw. The slaw came out right away. The wraps followed over a half hour later. This was a hot, muggy night and the a/c in this place was not effective. My sister-in-law ordered a bbq chicken flatbread pizza. Sounded good. I tried a piece. Cold chicken, sauce tasted like ketchup and a bone was found in a piece of chicken. My wife had the potato skins. They were gaggers. I ordered a hamburger medium rare. It was cooked correctly but there was a soury taste to it. Plus, the roll was not toasted, the fries were overseason and the burger came with a piece of lettuce so big and limp it may have been previously used in the Garden of Eden. I give our waitress some credit for keeping six separate bills straight. And it was a reasonably cheap night out. Had my brother not been the entertainment I never would have given this place a thought. In light of how the night went I stand by that philosophy.

• Visited July 2013

Forest Hills, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MISLEADING GROUPON OFFER!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!

Let me explain...I bought a groupon for $35 that included 4 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 sides for brunch. The waitress was friendly, but was obviously told to lie or fabricate information. I'll start from the beginning...So, we sit down and were told that 2 entrees off the menu were unavailable (that was okay with me). So, we order banana pancakes and eggs with corned beef hash. I ask, if I don't want another mimosa, can I have a soda instead. The waitress says, no that's additional. Huh? but soda is cheaper than liquor??? I said, okay fine, I'll have water. 5 mins later she said, "sorry we are out of bananas and I tried to go out and buy them, but they didn't have any, I guess they're not in season". not in season??? WOW. Okay, no problem. Service was good, food was good except the corned beef hash was sooo dry!

Then the bill comes...the total was $82.80! WHAT!!! minus the groupon, left the tax at $7.35. Now, we all know you tip on the original price, not groupon price, but hold on...how could brunch be $82.80 for 2 people? So, I ask for the regular menu. The entrees were $9.99, included one drink, and the sides were $4.95. But on the bill, it said entrees was $29.99 and drinks $7.50. WHAT!!! How does this make sense??? So, I ask the waitress, why is the groupon price 3 times more than regular brunch price?" She says, " Well, they use better ingredients for groupon" DOUBLE WOW. Are you kidding me???? I ask for the manager, he tells me that that is the deal with groupon, I'm like, uh no! That's BS, you inflated the price so the taxes are higher and the tip is greater. He says, he doesn't know, he will tell the owner. I said okay, BUT I want the owner to contact me. He didn't...

And so, there you go...I bought a groupon that gave ZERO discount because the regular brunch menu was CHEAPER.

I CAN'T STAND MISLEADING AND DISHONEST ESTABLISHMENTS!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JayM162
Windham, Maine
“Great value, excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Half price apps and half price drinks during happy hour. Good food, great service, and Guinness on draft :)

Kingsclear, NB
“Great local pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

Great food & friendly people. Good location just off I95. Recommend steak and seafood.