“Ice Cream? This place is absolutely in a class by itself”
Review of Qwik Stop II - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Qwik Stop II
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on a tip from someone else. It's miles from anywhere; just a small take out window. We love ice cream and they had a lot of flavors so we considered ordering a medium cone. The lady smiled and said she would like to see the look on our face but needed to explain what a medium cone was like. She took out a green fuzzy ball - picture a tennis ball the size of a grapefruit and set it on a cone. "That's a small" she said. A medium is 3 scoops like that. My wife went for the "small" and I told her it was too much for me. "We also have a baby size" she said. I went for that. I could barely finish the "baby size" of Giffords toasted almond. My wife worked on hers for a very long time and finally had to quit at about 1/2 finished. These were far and away the largest servings we had ever seen and at $1.59. . . . Not sure how they do it.

If you love ice cream and are in upstate Maine, it's an experience worth the trip. When we mentioned how different this was from the small sizes and big prices where we live, the lady replied "And I hear they don't even fill the cone." She sure did.