“Wow, amazing camping experience.”

South Arm Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
South Arm Campground
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am always googling, remote RV sites, as I hate being cramped closely to others and want to enjoy nature as much as possible, but I love using my little Heartland MPG at the same time. South Arm had it all, great hookup with lakefront access. So beautiful, peacful and quiet. We got a site on the cove side which was great b/c it seemed that most families stayed on the beach side. Swimming was great from the cove as it is a little more protected from the wind. We arrived on Friday and didnt have any neighbors unitl the next night, they were great...everyone was very respectful at this campsite. They have great little motorboat rentals for $45! We cruised out and found a desolate, sandy beach to lay out on. It was amazing, cant wait to go back and would love to find a campground similar to this in different areas around the Northeast. Oh, and the bathrooms were spotless, cleaner than home and H20 was free, loved not having to drag quarters with me!

Room Tip: 43 on the cove side, shady, flat and great lake access
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jxg0348

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had a great time on our annual camping trip to South Arm once again. The campground is rustic and quaint, just the way we like it. We camp every August, our week does move slightly on the calendar due to the calendar changing every year. As always we especially enjoy the tasty baked goods in the store and getting out on the lake. Richardson Lake is a treat, very undeveloped and not overloaded with boats. If you are a Louise Dickinson Rich fan, or a fan of Maine authors check out We Took to the Woods. Our family always enjoys reading about old times on the lake.

Room Tip: water front and beach front sites are great, or head remote into the wilderness!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank worldsailors
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I have been camping at this campground for about 18 years with my extended family on 5 sites that they have been renting for about 25 years. The latest owner who just took over about 4 years ago has been shifting weeks every other year it seems and we have been shifted to an earlier week than we desire (I know this because the new arrival date is earlier than any date we have ever been there in all our years). We love the campground but, may not stay there again after this year as we can never get the week that we originally rented.

Room Tip: Don't set your sights too high
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
17  Thank JeffEW
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My family has been staying at South Arm over the July 4th week for 16 years. Last summer we made our 2011 reservations as usual during our stay. A few weeks later we received an email stating that our 2011 reservation was wrong, though we had a printed receipt in our hands. South Arm has prided itself on its annual return campers. Our family (one of nine in our group) has counted itself among those. However, neither the owners nor the manager has responded to any communication from anyone in our group. Our documentation says that we should all be checking in on a certain day, but South Arm does not recognize that as our check-in date and does not want to honor their contract. We have loved our experiences there but will not return until huge improvements are made in the way they treat their campers. If you expect professionalism, South Arm is not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2010
19  Thank homebychoice
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I have been going to this camground every year, the same week, at the same site for over 5 years straight now. My family and I all enjoy the campground very very much and have absolutely no complaints the bathrooms are clean beaches are clean overall the whole campground is clean. The general store has all your neccesities and more. you can rent boats to fish or just hang out on the beach. One word of advice. If you book any site make absolutely sure that you do not book the POINT site (site #'s 29 and 29A) the wind is unbelievable on that site. any other site is great but that site is one I advise you to stay away from. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at Stelma2@comcast.net

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Stelma2

Been to South Arm Campground? Share your experiences!