“Awesome”
Review of Bird City

Bird City
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasonal sanctuary for a variety of birds such as herons and snowy egrets.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Tons & tons of wildlife and birds ! My family and I had a blast watching the birds and the gators were swimming in the water under the look out deck truly amazing !!

Visited June 2013

Summerville, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Birds, birds, and more birds”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A fan of birds beginning at about age eight I was wonderfully surprised to see so many large birds there. The rookery was full of egrets and a few other water birds. But the most fascinating was the sight of about a dozen Roseate Spoonbills. My first sighting of these magnificent birds ever. I had viewed photos but that cannot even begin to compare to seeing these birds in the wild. Wow! There was about a dozen of them roosting in one tree. Flying in and out and around the trees these birds in their bright pink to deep rose colors (more predominant during mating season) was a sight to behold. Believe me when I say, it was well worth the few dollars admission we paid to enter this park. Not only did we see bird city, we visited the jungle gardens too and the Tabasco plant. We could not have been more thrilled!

Visited April 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Egrets”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Although there are a lot of egrets flying over and nesting there are very few other birds. The park doesn't use their resources to encourage other birds to nest. It was a disappointment for the price of garden admission.

Visited April 2013
Auburn, Alabama
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Tons and tons and tons of birds”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were so happy to see so much wildlife here. The birds were a true joy and this is their winter retreat they love to return to so much! A must for all nature lovers, the young and old alike

Portland, Maine
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Seeing a world of egrets at Avery Island (bird city)”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

At Avery Island in Louisiana where Tabasco is made, an outstanding attraction is the rookery.
A huge platform standing above the water was covered with nesting egrets when I was there in March. I was able to see some blue eggs, some baby hatchlings, some fledglings and countless adult egrets, many on nests, some in flight and some actually feeding their young. It was quite a sight and one I won't forget. I recommend a trip to Avery Island for the beautiful grounds, the wonderful birds and even a tour of the Tabasco plant and country store. Bring binoculars and a camera and wear comfortable shoes. Take your time to look and listen and watch.

Visited March 2013