“Never going back!!”
Review of Bass Haven Resort

Bass Haven Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacoco
Bass Haven Resort
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This was my first trip to Toledo Bend, and I was very disappointed! The place had a very strong oder of raw sewer! The cabin was very dirty, boat landing was broken, pool and that thing they called a water slide was very nasty and dirty! The service was horriable!! I wouldnt advise anyone to stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank comeonfishing

Reviewed June 7, 2009

We had the misfortune of staying as Bass Haven, the only good thing is the location, you really cannot mess up Toledo Bend, no matter how bad the accomodations are.

They had dug up the sepric tank, which was right in front of the waterfront cabins, and it reeked to high heavens, they continually were out there diggin with a backhoe, and a group of guys stood around looking at the stink hole throughout or four day stay. They had 1/8 of a roll of toilet paper for our four day stay, and two filthy towels. The cabin was filthy also, they had made up the bed amd swept, but that was the end of cleaning, everything was greasy and dirty. We expected a fish camp, have stayed at many, many fish camps, this was way beyond unacceptable.

The service was horrible, nobody acknowledged us when we came in to the restaurant, one day the staff was in there doing Jello Shots, and were too wasted to notice that we wanted dinner. We asked for three days for more towels and toilet paper, they finally gave us some when I insisted, and told them was waiting there until they gave me some.

Their website ways free wi-fi, but there was no internet connection.

For a place named "Bass Haven", there is virtually no place to park a boat trailer, in general, the parking was really difficult, had to park on the grassy picnic area as to not block the road.

We paid $21 for two burgers to go, and they of course did not put napkins or ketchup, I think it might have been their first to-go order ever. Everything was overpriced, just ridiculous.

This place was a huge dissapointment, they could not care less about customer service, obvioulsy no management on site. This place is a cluster-blank, we will not be going back there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bassmaster711
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We decided it's more of a fishing camp than a resort! This was a mobile home and I'm glad we had a quite weekend with little to no other guests staying here or things might have been more difficult to swallow. While the park website boasts of many amemities, they are in less than fair condition! This "resort" needs quite a bit of maintenance! The water slide was not in operation until late Saturday evening, and even then it was unlit and could use a cleaning. The swimming pool (located near the restaurant) was clean, but the hot tub looked like an old swimming pool that was converted and the surrounding area was a mess. There is no organization to the restaurant nor the reservations desk (all handled by the same folks). We decided to give them a try on our way out but, "the cook was cleaning a room and it would be about a 2 hour wait"...

The worst part of the cabin was the AC, in these HOT Louisiana summer days, air conditioning is a necessity...if you wanted to use the AC, you had to go without the lights because the breaker would trip!
Our stay was $125 a night for 4 adults and that included a boat slip...which was another story! The boat slips are less than fisherman friendly as well. They too need a face lift as well as plenty of maintenance! I wouldn't try cleaning fish in the "fish cleaning station", especially if you want to use an electric knife.

All in all, if we head back to Toledo Bend, we will drive an extra hour North and stay at one of the campgrounds we saw when we ventured out to enjoy some cool air in our vehicle! About an hour up the road, we found a really nice campground with lake front cabins for $10 more a night that come with a complimentary boat slip....this is Bay Bridge Resort. I emailed them when we got home and had an answer in less than 8 hours. When we drove through their park, we stopped to ask for a price list and the rep on site was as friendly as they come, inviting us to drive the length of the park and stating "ya'll can't see anything from up here, follow the road to the back and look around"....

It's hard to find information on the campsites at Toldedo Bend via the internet because most don't have internet access....you also should not expect to find cable TV or cell phone service in this area either....

I wish I would have taken my camera, I think others searching TripAdvisor would be thankful to see them....be cautious when renting a cabin here and expect to get far less than what you paid for....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank necie908

Been to Bass Haven Resort? Share your experiences!