Comfort Inn Amite
$80
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskcleaning staffnight staya great staynew orleanslucillerhondainterstatehammondcleanliness
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The owner/ manager is a total jerk. I have spent over a thousand dollars at this hotel in the last two years. Everything was fine until I came in to book a room when the new owner/manager was working the front desk. First he would not honor my military discount so I agreed to pay the regular rate because it was late and my family was sleepy. I checked the room while my family waited in the car and noticed crumbs, pebbles and coins around the base of the bed. I pointed out to the manager the stuff on the floor and the stained carpet. I told him that my baby could choke on those things and asked for a cleaner room. He agreed to give me a cleaner room but when he got behind the desk he told me that he did not need my business anymore. He said that he is also co-owner of the Holiday inn down the street and that I could not use that hotel either. Those who gave this hotel good ratings must not have met the owner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LT James T
blaze2000, Owner at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

The gentleman above had previously stayed at this hotel 2 times in which he has spent less than $300. Therefore the claim of spending thousands of dollars is incorrect.
Second he is not active military personnel, so he does not qualify for the military rate. Thus I offered him the lowest rate possible upon which he agreed to pay.
After check-in he did inform me of a coin he found on the carpet, so I sincerely apologized and offered to change his room to which is agreed to. But as I was making a room key for the new room he asked me to check him out and that he would stay elsewhere. So I apologized once again and did what he asked me to do.
And finally I've owned and managed this property for last 10 years, so I do not understand the wrongful claim of new owner/manager.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this property on our way to New Orleans. We checked in after 10 pm, but the lady at the desk was still real chipper and very friendly. The bed was very comfortable and the mini fridge kept our drinks just the right temperature overnight. All of the staff that we encountered greeted us with a genuine "good morning."

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_CI_Amite, General Manager at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

I want to thank you for staying with us and I'm especially happy to know that everyone you encountered at out hotel was very friendly. I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at this property because I was not in New Orleans. I had to go to a Breeding Farm Friday and this Comfort Inn put me in the right place. The front desk was very professional. The room are big and clean. Just a couple of cracks in the tile floor in the bathroom, but it did not affect the stay. Restaurants are close. I stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet. Good room for laptop and free wireless internet. Yes, they do have a hot breakfast in the morning. Just enough to get me on the road. I will stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GM_CI_Amite, General Manager at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I originally had stayed in this hotel for only one night, with my next few nights down the interstate in Hammond. Once I was checked in, and I realized how amazing the staff are here, I cancelled my Hammond hotel and stayed in Amite.

The rooms are clean, and very spacious. The rate was good ($150 - 2 queen, 1 king suite). The beds are comfortable, and the rooms have all the latest amenities such as flat panel TVs. This hotel serves hot breakfast earlier than most, which is good for me as I am normally out before 6am.

Debbie and Delores are 2 of the most wonderful people to have working. They always greet you with a smile, always have coffee ready, and are willing to help with anything you need.

I would stay here again, and suggest others do the same.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you have 3-6 people. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A1_Daddy
GM_CI_Amite, Owner at Comfort Inn Amite, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

We are so happy that you decided to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. Please come visit us soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I cannot tell you how grateful we were when your staff - Debbie gave extreme kindness and grace despite the fact our crew came in after a 16 hour day of working in 103 weather and found there had been a mix up with our room and production. She was a delight in the face of frustrating circumstances. She worked diligently to resolve the lack of communication while keeping our crew smiling . Her light heartedness was refreshing and enough to make us come back again. A second experience with Delores late at night after our crew came in from yet another grueling day was enough to make us know the people of Amite are exceptional. She greeted with a smile, Knew the names of our crew. She gave us the feeling of home on a day everything went somewhat wrong. The staff is the gravy here! The rooms are standard for what you might expect for a two star ... the beds ... well ... a bed at best ... towels as well ... and the internet somewhat hit and miss ... The bushes a little unkempt ... but the staff ... no other words but golden and makes the stay worth it! Thank you to the STAFF! especially ... thank you Debbie and Delores! Sincerely K and J

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mjb255

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you soon.