“Tasteless”

Cuisines: Seafood
Walker, Louisiana
“Tasteless”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Well first let me say it's a nice atmosphere people are very friendly , our waitress was awesome she was very helpful I wish I could remember her name.The food you get plenty for the price just it's very bland,which is sad I ordered the large seafood platter well we were kinda shocked we had to pay a dollar extra to have the fish belly cut off out fish never heard of that before, our baked potatoes came with liquid cheese that was totally disgusting to me, but our waitress was more than happy to fix them for us, it was a hefty bill which we didn't mind paying just wish it would have had flavor.I don't see ourselves doing this again .

• Visited September 2013

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was worth the trip!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Catfish was great. The small platter was filling, and it included the salad bar. The staff is very friendly. Will definitely visit next time in the area.

• Visited August 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Give it a pass”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Charged more and served less for grilled seafood (as opposed to fried). And it was bland... not even properly seasoned. Chef should have attended my culinary school in NOLA... or at least worked in a Cajun diner south of I-12 for a while first to learn to season food properly. This is Louisiana, for goodness sake!

Visited May 2013
Leiper's Fork, Tennessee
“Seafood!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was good service was great. Our server was very accommodating. My meal came with a baked potato and when it got to the table my waitress saw that I was not thrilled that it had cheese sauce like the cheese that they put on nachos so she sent it back an brought me another and also brought me shredded cheese from the salad bar. Fried shrimp was good as well. Not the best shrimp I ever had but they were good!

• Visited June 2013
“Food is just okay.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently tried Mike's Catfish Inn again after staying away for several years. It was never my favorite place - the salad bar that everyone else raves about is just ordinary in my opinion (fake bacon bits are a pet peeve of mine), and the seafood is pretty bland to me. The catfish are okay. The shrimp remind me of something from the frozen food section.
I was also disappointed in the baked potatoe which was not hot enough to melt butter.
They have updated the decor a bit - which did make a big improvement.
The service has always been good.

• Visited April 2013