“Quiet, comfortable room”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Oklahoma
“Quiet, comfortable room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

The chain was holding a 30% off sale if you booked in advance on the internet, so you couldn’t beat the price. It is on a highway service street making it a little awkward entering and exiting it. Our room was clean and attractive. It was quiet, the shower worked great and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask for?

The motel has free wifi. You don’t even have to ask for a code. It also had a meeting room and a nice looking gym. The kitchen where they serve their free breakfast is spacious and attractive with plenty of tables.

There were a handful of very minor things wrong. The door was hard to unlock and the light switch by the front door didn’t work making us stumble in the dark to find the switch on a lamp. The morning breakfast had run out of fresh fruit and waffle syrup the day before and they hadn’t replenished yet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Missouri City, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Quality Inn was OK. Night clerk was great, the first room we were given the door was open and there was a BIG roach in the tub. The next room was OK. Bed was confortable and room very clean.
Skip the breakfast. The bagel was old and hard, toasting it did not help. The danish was stale, the sausage pattie (not sure what it was suppose to be) was tasteless, heating it up did not work.
There was a lady making waffles on request, I saw several people eating them. Apple and Orange juice was too watered down, the coffee was weak but OK.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy but quiet, clean
and comfortable. Every staff member I interacted with was very nice. When I went for breakfast I was told they didn't have eggs, syrup, or fruit. They were out. Exercise room had what looked like brand new equipment. I tried the treadmill and bike~both were great! When I went to take a shower, the handle broke. When I asked if I could use a shower in another room my request was cheerfully accommodated. Bottom line, stuff happens, but what it boils down to are how the problems are handled and the attitude of the staff. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had a reservation, I would of arrived in town that afternoon, but unfortunely early that morning I recieved a call saying with and attitude" I cancelled your resevation your credit card didn't go through". This person did not offer apology nor did she ask me if I wanted to hold the room with a different credit card. This is not the way to treat a potential guest. Therefore I decided not to even waste my time with that hotel and they will never get my business again. A simple "Goodmorning this is Summer with the Quality Inn your credit card declined for the pre-authorization, would you like me to try another card for you at this time" Poor customer service which would of meant an unpleasant stay for me, no thank you!

Room Tip: If you don't want your card charged before you arrive, don't bother making a reservation her...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Mobile, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were driving home from Dallas and decided to come through Alexandria. I did not like the town at all. We ended up at Quality Inn. It was clean and average as hotels go. However the night clerk who checked us in showed us a lot of consideration and help.

I would stay here again... if it were not in Alexandria....LA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James G
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

One thing travelers need to keep in mind when looking and reading through endless reviews is - what am I paying for this particular hotel? Okay - so Quality Inn is not at the same level as the Comfort Inn - we've stayed in both right here in Alexandria. Well, as of the date of this writing (1/28/13) the price was a whopping $40/night difference for the same, King room. This is now the second time we've come to Alexandria where we've had to purchase two rooms due to my step-daughter and granddaughter coming with my wife and I - no way we 'old folks' are going to deal with a rambunctious 2-yr-old that loves to stay up to the wee hours of the morning! So, when we're talking about TWO rooms - the savings add up.

Now, for the room/etc. The outside of the hotel is definitely sub-par, if you're trying to compare to the high-dollar joints. Go figure...again, price, price, price....okay? Our room was very nice - no problems with the exception that the alarm clock was broken. I plugged it in and tried to set the time..it seemed to 'take' for about 2 minutes then it went bonkers. Also, it was the only thing in the room that was absolutely filthy. The top of it had grunge so thick I could scrape it off with my nail. YUCK! To their credit I did not call the front desk and request another clock as it was late, we were exhausted and we didn't really need the clock. Also to their credit when I checked out I let the front desk gal (Summer) know about the grungy/broken clock and she informed me their manager had JUST pointed that out to the staff and instructed them to get a Q-Tip type swab and go over every one of them in every room to clean them up. Is she telling the truth? The next reviewer that stays there will have to let us all know.

"Continental Breakfast" at this place is their signature waffles you make with their iron (YUMMY!), cold cereals, biscuits and sausages, juices, coffee, and pastries. I was told they would have hard-boiled eggs but didn't see that...I may have just missed them. No fruit.

Thing is, for $80 (2x $40 per room) we could have gone to a plethora of restaurants and gotten a better hot breakfast if we would have wanted it. All in all I DO recommend this economic solution for those that can't swing the mega-bucks it costs to stay at the high-end hotels.

Bed was a bit too firm for our tastes but that's a personal choice and I know that. Also, the room smelled very 'funny'

Room Tip: We stayed on the side that faced Ryan's Steakhouse and have to admit that seemed a little safer...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy L
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff were very helpful(Stephanie and George ). For an older hotel, they have done a great job remodeling it. Our room had some moisture issues ( bubbled paint , but untold the front desk and was assured it would be handled.

• Stayed July 2012