Comfort Inn
Hotels.com
$141
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaffleswould stay here againroom was cleanstaff was friendlyconvenient locationbreakfast barfront desk clerk
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice with a pool and a fitness area. Room rate is very reasonable at 89 for two queen beds. Staff was very helpful. Hotel is clean and well kept. The area seems rough but since we have never been hard to judge.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I don't know what else they could do here speaking from our stay and our room (122) which is the 2nd room on the 1st floor next to ice machine, vending, guest laundry, pool entrance. I thought to myself as my husband was opening the room that we are going to be so sorry for accepting this room next to all the above mentioned. I mean I'm giving my darling husband the eye roll for his choice. But...no noise was heard the entire night and my husband love the location of all the above mentioned (which was right across from us!) amenities. The machines looked brand new. The pool was clean and nice furniture/umbrellas AND pool towels. The bedding (restfulnights.com) was fabulous!!! Makes you want to stay in bed all day! I couldn't believe it. Room furniture, carpet, frig, wet bar, micro, iron/board, lighting all worked and not all banged up or stained. The TV was a huge LG and they had lots of stations and beautiful picture. We just had breakfast and it was above average for a comfort inn. The staff was incredibly nice. We were warmly greeted each and every time we walked by them. We loved the whole package.

The town was a little disappointing. The Cajun Pawn store was OK, but I feel like I wasted our time and money driving here out of our way just to go there. Prices were extremely high on most things. Some items I would LOVE to own were just way over our meager budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Alexandria for a three day baseball tournament. when are arrived we were greeted by friendly staff, easy and fast check in. The overall appearance of the hotel was clean and pleasant, average Cookie Cutter Hotel look. When we arrived in our room it appeared and smelled clean, maybe some updating needed in bathroom but not bad. Room was equipped with microwave,refrigerator, & Coffee pot. Beds were Comfortable. I was on the 4th floor and the water pressure for the shower was too weak for me.
Breakfast is served esrly, starting at 4:30 I believe which I thought was helpful for those that have to leave early. Dont get to excited though unless you like hotel waffles or cereal. The eggs seemed fake and rubbery, sausage tasted terrible! My daughter opened a pre packaged muffin that the hotel received from some vendor that was a fuzzy science experiment, YUCK! Needless to say the line for the poor overwoked waffle maker was long.
The main negative suprise I had was when we left for the day to play baseball at 11am. When we returned to our room at 10pm it hadnt been cleaned. I can make my own bed and pick up my own clothes but a family of 4 needs supplies. On the way out that same evening to have a late dinner with the team, we found the night auditor out front. We asked her if we could get towels, shmpoo, and most importantly toilet paper. She said as soon as she finished the cigarette she would gather the items, put them in a bag and put them in our room. We were going out so no problem. When we got back at midnight it appeared we were forgotten again. I went back down stairs and a different front desk lady gathered the items right away. I have never stayed at a Choice Hotel before so I dont know if not resupplying rooms daily is a normal practice, excuse my ignorance. Hilton and Marriot clean and resupply rooms daily. Maybe the hotel was to busy for us.
As for the location, short drive to plenty of restaurants (recommend Get Fresh Seafood Restaurant best catfish & alligato ever had).

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gatorrat
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this Comfort Inn in Alexandria while visiting a family member at the nearby Regional Hospital. The hotel is located in a sparse area of town. However, it is right off of a major throughfare so the location is not a major deal as the town is relatively small and access to restaurants and businesses is easy and straighforward. Employees were very hospitable and were eager to assist. The room was a good size and up to date. The only down side to the room was the lingering presence of cigarette smoke. This is supposed to be a non smoking room but apparently it had been a smoking room at some point. We would have requested a room switch but it was late and didnt want to deal with the hassle. The morning continental breakfast was about the same you get everywhere these days. The employee working the breakfast bar was very cheery and certainly brightened the morning. Overall the stay was worth the money. I would stay here again, with a definite non smoking room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The reason I gave a Comfort Inn a five star is because it's not like a Comfort Inn. Room is regular but clean, the linens are crispy and the bed is super comfortable. Wifi is real fast, not like other freebies that keeps dropping all the time, I only need to log on once for my entire stay. Breakfast is also above average. Staffs are nice and helping. Everything is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple