“Nastiest Hotel I've Ever Stayed In!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria

Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Nastiest Hotel I've Ever Stayed In!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Baymont Hotel in Alexandria, LA was absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. My colleagues and I spend about 70 percent of the year in hotels and I was totally disgusted by this hotel. The hotel has a moisture problem and mildew was literally growing on the wall in big round spots in the bathroom. The enamel was peeling off the bathtub and almost every metal surface was rusted due to the moisture problem. My colleagues reported the same or similar problems in their hotel rooms. I have a picture of the mildew at the top of the bathroom wall. It was pretty disgusting. Two of my colleagues had big roaches in their rooms and there was a pretty big spider in my room. The carpet and bedding was always slightly damp and the towels in the bathroom were damp due to the moisture problem. Some of my colleagues stated that they thought they were getting sick due to the moisture and the mildew, and my nose would not stop running the entire time i stayed in this hotel. I spent 8 miserable days in this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone. If the owner doesn't get the moisture problem under control, she will have some serious issues later on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank LWoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
ventress
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I would never stay in this hotel EVER again. The front desk attendant MONICA was the rudest person in this entire world. There is no way possible people who pay money to spend a night in a hotel should be treated so disrepected. I would never stay here again and we come to Alexandria at least 6 times a year. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The only thing I would recommend is to fire MONICA and get a New General Manager.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank slapshot1067

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

MONROE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

i reserved a room for a softball tournament weekend , have not even gotten to hotel yet! and they have charged my visa before i have even stayed, the front desk person monica, not only yelled at me but hung up on me 3 times, yes 3 times. she assured me if i stopped payment i would lose my reservation, when i called back after being hung up on 3 times, one girl who could not speak ANY ENGLISH, prceeded to tell me she was the only person in the hotel, no one else was there, (come on), i told moncia i would have her fired and this is not the last she has heard from me, cant wait to check in tomorrow and see how this one pans out, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER STAY AT A BAYMONT HOTEL EVER IN MY LIFE, I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FUSIONSOFTBALLER
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband as the team manager for a local youth soccer team secured hotel rooms for our team at this hotel. He negotiated a rate with this hotel for a weekend in March which included a complimentary room for both nights for our coach because of the number of rooms our team was booking. We have a written agreement proving this. Upon arrival the hotel manager was not on property and the front desk clerk was not authorized to provide a comp. room for the coach. We agreed to secure the room with our credit card for both nights being assured that on Monday when the hotel sales manager returned, she would issue a credit the card. This credit was never issued. My husband on a number of occassions attempted to contact the sales manager by email and phone. She never returned the calls or emails. We had to file a dispute with our credit card company. Another team member was charged more than the agreed upon rate for the team and the last time I spoke with her she was still fighting with the hotel about it. Another member of team found some leftover hair in her shower when she checked in--yuck!! If all this wasn't bad enough our mattress was in need of replacing and the place had a real worn feeling to it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LOVE2TRAVEL50000
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed here while visiting friends who live in Alexandria, so we did not spend much time in the hotel. However, we were very pleased with our king room. It was spacious and the appointments and fixtures were relatively new. It was very clean. We were very happy about that. It was quiet at night, and both of us got a very good night's rest. I would certainly recommend this hotel. The location is nothing to talk about, but everything in Alexandria is just a few minutes away.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

A very pleasant stay, Kids had a great time in the pool and they loved the waffles

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
baton rouge, la
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

I am highly upset and I need to speak with someone about my concerns with the management and customer service at Baymont Inn Suites located in Alexandria, LA. I originally booked a room for a conference, however an emergency came up and I was unable to go to the conference. I called to cancel and I was told by the front desk clerk that I would still be charged for one day. I then called back and asked if I could reschedule my day since the money was going to be drawn out of my account and was told NO! N ow I checked my bank account and The hotel took more money than they were supposed to and I now have over draft penalties with my bank!!! I have contacted the hotel at (--) (--) several times and no one seems to have any answers, I was told there was no manager on duty and the manager Shirley go off at 9:30 am this morning. I would like for someone to contact me ASAP!!! with some sort of explanation. This is the worst customer service ever and the bad part is I havent even gotten a chance to stay there yet, and I dont think I ever will!!!! NO ONE COULD GIVE ME DIRECT ANSWERS

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business