“A really nice Hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed February 28, 2010

A very pleasant stay, Kids had a great time in the pool and they loved the waffles

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria

Reviewed December 2, 2009

I am highly upset and I need to speak with someone about my concerns with the management and customer service at Baymont Inn Suites located in Alexandria, LA. I originally booked a room for a conference, however an emergency came up and I was unable to go to the conference. I called to cancel and I was told by the front desk clerk that I would still be charged for one day. I then called back and asked if I could reschedule my day since the money was going to be drawn out of my account and was told NO! N ow I checked my bank account and The hotel took more money than they were supposed to and I now have over draft penalties with my bank!!! I have contacted the hotel at (--) (--) several times and no one seems to have any answers, I was told there was no manager on duty and the manager Shirley go off at 9:30 am this morning. I would like for someone to contact me ASAP!!! with some sort of explanation. This is the worst customer service ever and the bad part is I havent even gotten a chance to stay there yet, and I dont think I ever will!!!! NO ONE COULD GIVE ME DIRECT ANSWERS

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kadamsBatonRouge_La
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel was clean, the staff was pleasant, and I felt it was a good value for the rate I got from Expedia. The complimentary continental breakfast was nice - featuring eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and waffles - along with the usual rolls, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. The bathroom looked as though it had been recently upgraded, and the furniture/bedding was of good quality. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We checked in on 8/26/09 and the surly young woman at the front desk would barely speak to us. I had made the reservation in my name, so I asked to have my husband's name added to the room. The woman stared at us and said, "why?" (Not that it was any of her business, but my husband has a different last name and we once learned the hard way that if he got locked out of the room, the front desk might not let him back in!) I explained this to the woman, who looked at me in disgust and said, "yes, he'd get back in." In other words, she'd let any random person into a hotel room, I guess, as long as they claimed it was theirs. So she refused a simple request to put his name on the room registration.

We'd requested a standard room with a king bed, but she gave us a handicapped room with a queen bed in it. I again requested the larger bed, and she said that there was none available. (The hotel parking lot was almost empty at 10 pm, so I really doubt that the king beds were all taken. She was just in a foul mood and not willing to fix the problem.)

She then mumbled directions on how to get to our room and turned her back.

Once we got to our room, we were REALLY disappointed! The bed is hard as a rock (I'm sitting on it right now while writing this review, and I'm dreading having to sleep in it), there's no bathmat and just two skimpy towels, there is a bunch of paint splattered all over the bathroom (at least I assume it's paint), the paint on the bathroom vanity is peeling, and the wiring has come loose around the desk. In such a new property it's odd to see this kind of disrepair already, but it's probably an accurate indicator of the quality of the management.

Incidentally, if you DO need a handicap room, by the way, this room probably won't work too well for you. There are no grab bars in the bathroom, the bed is really high, the toilet is really low, and it would be very hard to reach the sink from a wheelchair.

From now on, I'll stick with Hampton Inns.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Ottavina
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We checked in to this Baymont Inn in Alexandria to a very busy front desk. There were 3 people manning the desk and it still took about 20 minutes to check us in. When we booked our room, we booked a King Handicapped Suite and THOUGHT it would be about $150 a night. Well, when we checked in, we found out the rate was $259 a night!!! Well, we told them since there were others waiting, we would let them go (so we could call around for another hotel). But everything was booked, so we had to pay the high rate. Well, we get our room key, and try to locate our room (161). It took us a while which I didn't like, due to the hotel broken into wings, which I also don't prefer. Well, one thing I noticed was that the doors of the rooms were in need of paint, but not a big deal. Well we get to our room, and it is clean. So that was a plus.(Which is the only reason for 2 stars). Our room had 2 bathrooms, a living room, and bedroom, which I also liked. But, then noticed we didn't have a microwave. You would think for $259 a night, there would be a microwave. Well, then we noticed it got loud, which I could expect (ball weekend). Anyway, the kids had a "curfew" in the hotel and weren't aloud out of the rooms without a security guard after 10:30. The security guard who was very rude and the front desk operator(also rude) informed us of this rule. The pool was a JOKE! It was a DITCH that was about 5 feet wide and 25 feet long with 2 hot tubs. (The pics online are decieving) The computer wouldn't print. The fitness center looked bare.(didn't use) Any way, then we find out our door would NOT lock!!!! We would close and then just open the door. A big minus! Breakfast was a JOKE!!!! There is a large breakfast room with a breakfast bar that had waffles,toast,muffins,coffee,juice, and cereal. You would expect more for $259 a night! Over all this hotel would be fine to stay in if it were priced as follows: SUITES $130 and guest rooms $80. To tie it all together, our keys had to be reprogrammed 4 times in 2 days. So this hotel isn't worth it for nothing to do in this town and this kind of service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Louisiana_Man_88
Reviewed November 21, 2008

What a joke, the price was too high, the room was beyond dirty. When I check in I expect clean sheets and towels, someone else had been in the room they gave me. When I went to the front desk to complain, this blonde with an eyebrow ring basically told me to leave that I would not get a refund or I could move to another room. When you check into a hotel late, you expect certain things not rude people at the front desk. Breakfast, what a joke cereal, toast, oj and coffee no thank you. i think I would rather sleep in my car than be treated this way again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tedoff
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I recently brough customers on a business trip and had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. I am planning to stay here again and host regional meeting at this location. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)