“Hard to find”

Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
SHREVEPORT
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was asleep in our room when all of a sudden the fire alarm started going off. I just knew that the room was on fire. After I checked the room out i walked down to the front desk to complain about the interruption of my much needed sleep and while I was talking to the folks down at the front desk the alarm went off a second time. Although the second time was a short one it nevertheless did happen two times on the afternoon of Oct. 12. I can't believe that your management would tolerate that kind of maintenance service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Sherry K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the fact that you were awakened from your afternoon nap by the alarm. The alarm system was malfunctioning and our maintenance man was repairing the alarm. I'm very sorry for your inconvenience, however; as we all know, these things do happen sometimes and for us, there is never "a good time" to make the repairs. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Harahan, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked this room through price line and having second thoughts after reading the reviews, however I was glad I did. the room was nice and clean. the staff was helpful and the free razor came in handy since I forgot mine. as I always say throw out some of those bad reviews of things because some ppl are never happy and like to complain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sherry K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area!

DALLAS
Reviewed October 8, 2012

arrived at the hotel to check in on an advance paid reservation, front desk staff asked to run the credit card again. did not know the facility, and sent me out to look for an entrance with green canopy which was non existent in order to go to room. upon check out verified that all is already paid and received a receipt, but a day later after check out my credit card was charged an additional $4.35. after calling the hotel twice to resolve the issue they never returned the call. my Wyndham reward number was not located by the clerk, asking me to call back and ask for credit later as she was busy to look it up. the Hotel does not have a restaurant, and did not see a shop. a free continental breakfast is provided which is ok since there is no eatery around for about half mile out over the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I would like to apologize to you for the incorrect "landmark" of the green canopy. We do have some new front desk staff who are not quite familiar with our property as I expect they will be with a little experience at our property. I want to apologize for not calling you back as quickly as should have been done. At the time you called, myself and 2 other front desk staff members were checking in over 100 Militay personnel. I did, in fact, try to call you back, however; the number you gave me was apparently your office number and I left a voicemail for you. The "charge" you saw on your card was in fact, not a charge, but instead an authorization on the card for incidentals. These authorizations fall off the card usually within 24-48 hours after check out. There is signage at our front desk which does explain the credit card authorization, however; our front desk staff should have explained this to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies.