I recently stayed at the Alexander Fulton and was appalled at service we received by a couple of your staff. First, I've never been treated so rudely or disrectful in all my travels, as I was with the lady on the front desk. She acted like we were a bother to her and said so in so many words. We asked for a microwave and she told us rudely that if we wanted one, then give her $ 10.00. We also had a group of children and she told us she wasn't babysitting our kids, that they couldn't sit in the lobby and watch tv, altho there was an adult with them. I wished I had gotten her name but she was a very large white woman.
The second staff was the woman sitting at the register at the buffet. She was very loud and unprofessional. She seemed very racial, as she would ignore the white persons while she visited with her black friends at the register. She also gave the impression that we all were a nuisance and was interferring with her visit with friends.
I understand this hotel is going to be renovated in the near future and I can see a great potential but until you have professional and courteous staff, no amount of money will create the hotel you hope for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Downtown Convention Center in the heart of Alexandria, Louisiana. The hotel is five city blocks off of Interstate 49 resting on the banks of the Red River. Holiday Inn Downtown Convention Center is Alexandria's premier full service hotel. We have Eddie's Smokehouse and Seafood restaurant, Southern Heritage bank branch and Body Tao massage, yoga and hair studio. The hotel has 13,000 sq. feet of meeting space and is attached to Alexandria Riverfront Center; which can accommodate larger groups. Enjoy the revitalized downtown entertainment district of Alexandria within a few steps of the front door. The hotel is centrally located between Shreveport and Baton Rouge off of I 49, a little over three hours NW of New Orleans, and less than an hour South from historic Natchitoches along the Cane River. Please enjoy Body TAO which includes a yoga and massage Studio, as well as a beauty salon. Dine in Eddie's Smokehouse and Seafood restaurant and enjoy a specialty southern cocktail. Or sit in the mall area of the hotel and enjoy a cup of Community Coffee or one of their signature Coffee Specialty drinks from the Community Coffee Corner. The hotel also has a gym, pool, and laundry room and we are a pet friendly hotel, so bring your best friend and spend some quality time in the dog park adjacent to the hotel; For the business traveler we are centrally located and no more than five minutes from all major industry in Alexandria Pineville ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Fulton Hotel And Convention Center
- Alexander Fulton Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel