“Not best in class”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Houston, Texas
“Not best in class”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is supposed to be 2.5 stars per Priceline, which I would dispute. On the positive side the rooms are good sized and reasonably clean. Negatives: 1) Near railroad tracks, 2 -3 trains per night, 2) no meat, potatoes, warm eggs for breakfast which is not standard these days, 3) 2nd time we have stayed here, both times hot tub was "being repaired" (for 2 days?), 4) pets allowed, if you don't like sleeping in a "kennel" as one other guest called it, don't get a ground floor room, 5) internet speed is from the 1990s.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale13318

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greentown, Indiana
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is my third time over 3 years to stay in this hotel. Year 1 (2012) was great. It was clean and well maintained. Year 2 it was bearable but started to show that cleanliness was no linger a priority. This time, it was terrible. Microwave full of food residue, Fridge had food residue, dusty and food particles on the door. The vinyl floor had hair and stains it. Counter and furniture was not wiped clean. The blind was missing. The window faced the rising sun in the morning and a lot light all night. This was a terrible experience. I really hope they get this turned around. Staff assisted in getting a few things fixed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pastorhall

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Checked into the hotel, as it was right next door to Cracker Barrel and my wife, who was suffering from the flu, was dying for some of their cornbread. There were other hotels next door, including Comfort Inn/Suites, where we always preferred, but because of her condition, and the fact that it was 40 degrees and blowing a hard 30 mph wind, we checked in to La Quinta.
I realize that I have been remiss in my reviews because I neglected to talk amount amenities (or the lack thereof) at the various properties...
I shall make an attempt to make amends right now..
The room was large, but there was a musty smell that the lighting of incense, (never travel without it,) help take care of.
We are traveling with our grown son and were quite disappointed to find out that the bed were double and not queen size. Not only that, but they were short as well.
There was no fridge and microwave, almost an expected amenity theses days when traveling all day by car.
There was not drawer next to the bed, only an open face boxing that allowed all of your possessions to be seen.
The lighting in the room consists of four lamps and the lighting is spotty and not conducive to anyone who is a prolific reader like my wife is.
I guess the room is going to be o.k. for one night, the floors are wood, (so aren't so cold,) and the bathroom is well lit and seems to be a nice size, but at a AAA rate of $80, to me it is disappointing..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was not my first stay at this property. It is my preferred stop in this area. Check-in went very smoothly. My first room, 210, had some bottle caps under the dresser that were visible when sitting on the edge of the bed. Not that big of a deal. Then I found a curly hair in the bathroom sink. I washed it down the sink and didn't find any other problems. Then I started to sit on the sofa at the foot of the bed and found numerous stains of unknown origin. John at the front desk, offered me room 211. I examined this room with the evening engineer and we found the stains on this sofa worse than in 210. I was then offered room 122, which was 2 doubles instead of a king and found the room acceptable. John was very apologetic and accommodating in moving me to an acceptable room. I check the rate on 122 and for the night I stayed, found a listed price on $27.00 less than room 210. On checkout, Ashley had trouble understanding my complaint about the difference but finally agreed to credit my account for the difference. In fairness to the GM, his first day on the job was my night there. I have corresponded with him and he is thankful for letting him know of the situation. I will give them another chance and look forward to meeting with the GM upon my return. Breakfast is very weak and should be labeled a continental breakfast at best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo