“Nice staff & good sized suite but a little worn & pricy”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Waco, Texas
“Nice staff & good sized suite but a little worn & pricy”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night for son's tournament. Location was good for us. Only king room left was a suite rm 331. Nice size rooms inclued a small kitchenette wth microwave, sink & mini-fridge. Suite included an entry w/ small table, normal bath, sitting area & bedroom. French doors to bedroom were glass without drapes so no privacy.

Sitting area had large TV, couch (not very comfortable seating) & a desk. Bedroom was good size with a TV on a dresser. Bed was fine; pillows were fluffy.

We enjoyed the outside gazebo in the evening. Pool looked clean.

Downsides: limited breakfast though they do have waffle makers. Furniture worn. Bathroom was good (& clean) except tub needed resurfacing. Window in bedroom was dripping water in sill thus AM-Condensation?

Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I normally do not stay at LaQuinta, however, I was in Alexandria for pleaure and decided to stay at this hotel. It was FABULOUS. From the van driver that picked me up at the airport, to the front desk staff, even the manager was visiting with the customers at breakfast in the morning. The manager was thanking everyone for their business and making sure they were satisfied with there stay.
This was impressive. I travel rather often, and rarely do you know who the management staff is or have a direct person to compliment or compalin to if needed.
The breakfast was good with several optioins. The nearby restaurants were good. The gas station even had a BBQ restaurant that was extremely tasty. I was rather surprised how good it was.
Overall, an excellent hotel with superb staff. Will definitely stay here again when in Alexandria, LA.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the 4th floor when I am at this hotel. I like Rooms 409 and 411. They are real...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RyanM629
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel has an awful smell the rooms are awful and for 115 dollars a night it should be better. The maintanence people took it upon themselves to wake our floor up because they decided they needed to fix every door lock up and down the hall. We told them to come back we were sleeping and they insisted there was no choice and they had to enter the room to fix this lock which to me we had paid for that room until 11 and shouldn't have had to get up for there maintanence. This was ridicoulous. We will not stay there again I promise or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The manager Todd and his staff made my stay here EXCELLENT, this location is great and I highly recommend it!!!!!! I stayed at this location for eight months on business and I missed my family so much but they treated me so great and made my stay easy, from the cleaning staff to hotel guest(front desk) staff they were all EXCELLENT!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The rooms were very clean, the staff friendly the bathroom clean. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice size. We used the refrigerator for water and gatorade for our daughter to bring to the fields. My husband forgot his razor and was given one free at the front desk. The girls from the team used the pool and they told us that it was clean and fun. My daughter used the wifi to watch movies and even a little homework. I have stayed at other hotels here and was not as satified. The hotel was not far from the fields or the restaurants we chose to eat at at night. Over all the stay was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this venue on several occasions through the years. The rooms are beginning to show age but are well maintained. Only issue I had was that blinds in my room did not block out exterior lights. Made it somewhat hard to get sleep. Staff, especially Misty, was very helpful. I recommend this motel for quality and convenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo