“Decent but not the best” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Memphis
“Decent but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

First impression was great. The front desk help was pleasant and quick to address issue of people talking in hallway after midnight. There beds to not come with a comforter - only a sheet and thin blanket that usually goes under a comforter and a decorative through which was stiff and covered only half the bed. The washer/dryer made a squeeking noise every 10 seconds (and someone was using that after midnight). Kept me awake.
Room was okay, but felt damp when I walked in. only half roll of toilet paper and no fresh roll in bathroom. Hangers left on shower rod from previous guest and closet also not cleaned after previous guest.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank milesaway80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brewton, al
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was one of the WORST hotels I've ever stayed in. There were holes in the wall of the bathroom, besides the mold on the caulking of the tub. We had to use the soap to hold the drain up to drain the water. The pool was so green and cloudy you couldn't see past the top step of the ladder. Did I mention it was JULY?? I mean prime swimming weather! We had a view of the pool from our room, but the window was so dirty and clouded over it was like looking through fog! The breakfast was HORRIBLE. The dining room has only tables for 2, which is awkward for a family of 3! LOL! The blanket they put on the bed in place of a bedspread was equal to heavy sandpaper. The entrance doors that are supposed to be opened with a room key are accessible all day and night by ANYONE, the locks in them are broken. And although it was no fault of the hotel as to who stays, to top it off there was some guy walking up and down the corridor flicking his switch blade when we came in from supper!!! The neighborhood was nice and easily accessible though. We had the room booked for us by a local business for a business trip, but do yourself a favor and go to the Hampton next door!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jchancery

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Lets just start by saying the only hotel chain I stay at is La Quinta! I travel for pleasure alot, so have seen many different La Quinta's. I have never had a problem til me and my husband stayed at this one on the way back from FL! Also I dont usually write reviews, so this place must have been pretty bad for me to take time to write one. First off when we walked into the bedroom it had the strangest smell! Gross! Then as I always do I went to the bed to check for bed bugs. Before I could even do that I noticed a gross smell coming from the bed, I leaned over to smell the sheets and I noticed short black hairs ALL over the sheets. I inspected further and the hair was ALL over every single pillow as well! The sheets had to be dirty! They smelled horrible and there was hair everywhere, and not just a few, I mean covering the entire bed and pillows. Nasty! So I further inspected the room. When I looked at the sofa at the end of the bed there of course just happened to be dog hair covering the whole thing! Then in the bathroom there was long womens hair all over the floor and under the sink there were toenail clippings! Totally gross! The room had to have not been cleaned! Just the bed made! I went to switch rooms and the lady told me they have been having lots of issues with house keeping! When we got to our 2nd room It also smelled funny! Of course I checked everything again, the bed was better and the bathroom but we did see a roach in the bathroom! All in all they did end up giving us a whole $10 discount for our inconvience when we checked out. I just know we will never stay at this La Quinta again! Do yourself the favor and dont either!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CN87
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Our primary reason for staying here was that we had our 4-year-old, 50 lb. Boxer with us, and they accepted pets with no additional charge.

The room was really beautifully decorated and modern looking with plenty of space for my daughter's pack-n-play. The bathroom was spacious. Everything was clean. We didn't encounter any problems while we were there.

The breakfast was nice enough, but no high chairs for the kids. :(

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank vickitoria
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have stayed here twice over the past 3 years. BEWARE! This time there were security issues with the doors! Door jambs on 2 rooms had been "crowbarred" revealing a small gap between the jamb and the door that was big enough to push a credit card through to disengage that latch! Also, the doors at the ends of the buildings were not latching, leaving the property un-secure at night. We informed the management of the issue, and the desk help said that other guests had reported the problems in the past, yet the management had done nothing about it!!! We love Laquintas...but we will not stay here again. Don't leave valuables in your room!!! p.s. Hotel isn't as clean as it used to be either.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cbough1
Rayville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

The Brightside Breakfast is very POOR!

Other LaQuinta's we've stayed at have had eggs and other Hot items available.

Fortunately, there is a Cracker Barrel next door.

This LaQuinta needs to really work on their breakfast. Especially with the rather high price for the room.

NOT A GREAT Value!

• Stayed May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JEFF T
Ruston, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Our travel baseball team has stayed here every year for the past 3 years now for a large tournament held in Alexandria. Last year most of our team could not check in until early/late evening because they couldn't get the room clean on time and one family was given a room that someone was already in so they had to move. Then they had to move again because the air would not turn off. They sat in the hallway half the time waiting on them to figure out what to do. This year most of us were not able to check in until 8pm which is ridiculous. Again, housekeeping could not get the rooms done. We tried to check in at about 4:30pm and were told they would "be ready when we got back". I think they had been telling many other teams this same thing as their rooms were not ready either. The difference was we were done playing for the day. So we sat in the lobby until we went to eat at 6pm and when we got back thank goodness our rooms were ready at 8pm. On the website it says check in is 1:00pm, but it actually is 3pm, but if their is a large event going on it will likely not be ready then either. Then to top it all off, when we all got up the next morning we had cold water meaning we had to take cold showers. The most unacceptable of it all is that there was no offer of a discount of any kind. The front office staff was nice, but so were we as we know it was not their fault. They know every year that this tournament is a large one that almost all hotels are booked up for and being that they are only 3 miles from the ball park they are a common one that teams try to stay at so why they did not have adequate housekeeping and plan ahead for everyone is beyond me. They will not get our business any more in the future. I would rather pay 10-20 dollars more for a room I can lay down in when I would like after the scheduled check in time!!

• Stayed March 2011