“3 strikes you are out. Will not stay here for our annual trip again.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Ruston, Louisiana
“3 strikes you are out. Will not stay here for our annual trip again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Our travel baseball team has stayed here every year for the past 3 years now for a large tournament held in Alexandria. Last year most of our team could not check in until early/late evening because they couldn't get the room clean on time and one family was given a room that someone was already in so they had to move. Then they had to move again because the air would not turn off. They sat in the hallway half the time waiting on them to figure out what to do. This year most of us were not able to check in until 8pm which is ridiculous. Again, housekeeping could not get the rooms done. We tried to check in at about 4:30pm and were told they would "be ready when we got back". I think they had been telling many other teams this same thing as their rooms were not ready either. The difference was we were done playing for the day. So we sat in the lobby until we went to eat at 6pm and when we got back thank goodness our rooms were ready at 8pm. On the website it says check in is 1:00pm, but it actually is 3pm, but if their is a large event going on it will likely not be ready then either. Then to top it all off, when we all got up the next morning we had cold water meaning we had to take cold showers. The most unacceptable of it all is that there was no offer of a discount of any kind. The front office staff was nice, but so were we as we know it was not their fault. They know every year that this tournament is a large one that almost all hotels are booked up for and being that they are only 3 miles from the ball park they are a common one that teams try to stay at so why they did not have adequate housekeeping and plan ahead for everyone is beyond me. They will not get our business any more in the future. I would rather pay 10-20 dollars more for a room I can lay down in when I would like after the scheduled check in time!!

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Rustonbaseballmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta in Alexandria, LA on Friday, October 8, 2010. While doing our bed bug check, we found two dried blood stains on the mattress. We arrived at 1am after a long drive so I decided to bring this to their attention in a civil manner later that morning. There was a mattress cover which gave me some peace of mind. I mentioned the blood to the lady at the desk who had no reaction. She stated that they had procedures for ...cleaning up blood and that if that didn't work, the mattress would be replaced. She did offer to change our room but we were checking out. We were not offered a discount nor were we comped for the room....Nothing! I have been comped for less at other hotels. I was polite and didn't make any demands because I wanted to give the management the opportunity to do the right thing. This is a very serious issue so I hope they correct it immediately. Needless to say, we will no longer stay at La Quinta. The room in question is 411.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MommaGiiGii

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Ft Worth TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

We were passing through on business trip and stopped in Alexandria. Great location off
freeway, and right next to Cracker Barrel restaurant. The La Quinta had a great area to walk
dogs, lots of grass, and field across the street. Very comfortable and quiet rooms. Enjoyed
the nice bed,,,you never know these days!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank golden123ftworthtx
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

We got there and moved into our room and it smelled funny. I just decided to stop by the front desk to inquire if they had anymore rooms they could move us to. We had booked a king. The front desk guy looked it up and stated all that had was a suite but he would move us into it and lock in our rate. The suite was wonderful, we were staying 3 nights so it was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

When I travel for business I want familiarity. If you're like me, don't stay here. I've stayed at some strange La Quintas, and this wins the prize. Yes, the front desk staff is cheery and helpful. The breakfast area is attractive and clean, and the complimentary Continental is entirely OK. The rooms, however, are--for lack of a better word--unsettling.
You open the door and are immediately in your own little Winchester Mystery House. It swings shut behind you (too late!), and you find yourself in a tiny foyer-like area. At one o'clock there's a cabinet with the usual coffee maker and a little microwave. But open the cabinet itself, and there's just a sort of crawl space--is that a passageway? A noise from the bedroom startles you, so you quickly shut the cabinet, walk toward the sound and realize--with no small alarm--that you're in an enormous room with enormous objects.
A formica counter sweeps from one end to the other, which for a few feet shields the A/C unit (which had made the noise) from view, continues for perhaps a yard or so and assumes the function of a desk (there's a rolling chair and a non-working lamp), and finally serves for about six more feet as shield to protect the floor, should the large flat-screen TV (mounted sports bar-style) fall.
Pondering the 12-foot counter/desk/shield/TV, you nearly trip into the beds. They start just under the TV: from front to back there's a full-size day bed, a long cylindrical pillow, the foot board, and the king-size bed.
The A/C powers on again, bringing your attention to the large white refrigerator, chest of drawers--or maybe it's a table?--and little round cabinet, about the size and shape of a stool, all of which is back towards the foyer.
You notice only then that the foyer has mirrors that reflect onto French doors. You open them and surprise! find a standard hotel bathroom, however completely without bath products and with a peculiar stain in the toilet. Best not to dwell.
In short, I found myself trying to sleep on a platform of a bed, in the middle of a large room full of objects that did not exactly serve the purpose for which they were probably intended, with a night-light from the bathroom bouncing in at an odd angle from the strange foyer. The A/C stopped and started all night (there was no "fan" function to muffle that). I didn't have time to go to the front desk and ask for shampoo.
However, because I didn't stay at the Hampton Inn, just across the parking lot, I saved ten dollars. Please don't follow my example.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank NolaHal
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

Stayed here Mid March 2009 for a week on business. Not a bad hotel for the area, employees will make sure your needs are taken care of. Brkfst, the usual fare for this type of hotel, cereal, waffles, fruit, instant oatmeal, hardboiled eggs. Spacious rooms not much bigger than typical hotels but thier layout allows it to be roomier. Big negative, the train DOES run several times a night on the weekdays which is less than a mile away and due to the intersection they do blow their horn! Also, a bit away from everything, takes about 10 min. to get to town for the usual fare of restaurants. Clean rooms but room service seemed to lack somewhat to making sure things were spic and span.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Pratt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

We stopped here on our way to Orlando. It was a great location and a great room. I was hesitant to book a La Quinta Inn since my last stay with them in OK City was far from enjoyable. Glad I gave them a second chance. The room was wonderful, the bed very comfortable and bathroom was super. Easy access to the hotel off the interstate. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends