“This motel is in dire need of help.”

Motel 6 Alexandria - South
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Louisiana
“This motel is in dire need of help.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This motel is in dire need of help.

NEGATIVES --
* Uncaring and poorly trained front desk staff, lacking in courtesy and empathy.
* Poor maintenance throughout. Examples: (1) 2 out of 3 ice machines do not work (in 90 degree heat of summer). Front desk “manager on duty” does not have a clue which machines work, and which do not … and apparently does not care. I had to check all machines myself until I found one that worked … the farthest one from my room. (2) Card-key lock and mechanical latch on my guest room door does not work properly & smoothly. A hotel maint person had to show me the “trick” to get into my room … you have to “pull” the door a certain way while turning the handle … then push in to open. I never would have figured out this “trick” on my own. I had to call the front desk staff while standing in the heat … and the maint person showed up about 5-6 minutes later.

POSITIVES --
* Excellent breakfast … much more in the way of hot & cold items than “continental breakfast” advertised.
* Comfortable bed

This is clearly an older motel … much in need of TLC maintenance. A properly trained and courteous hotel staff would help greatly. The business card of the motel GM -- available at the front desk -- contained the main hotel phone number but not the GM’s email address, as many more caring motels have available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
patricia n, General Manager at Motel 6 Alexandria - South, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for you comments. We are an older property and we are working very hard to take care of the things needed to continue to make our guests happy. We are so incredibly sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and we hope that in the future you will return to give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Denton
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very nice room. Friendly service. Nice breakfast. Only negatives were room did not get cold enough and there was no reception on the tv. I would stay here again. Location was easy to find and convenient.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We hope to see you in the future on a return visit to Alexandria!
Orange, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Front desk Clerk was awesome-- The ROOM on the other hand was dirty!!! there was a burn hole in the comforter, the room had a terrible odor!!!! iI dont think We will stay here again!! the pillows needed to be replaced, old and flat!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments! We are currently doing what we can to make our property better and I hope that in the future you would give us another chance!

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't stay here. It's old and dirty. The comforter on my bed in my smoke free room has cigarette burns all over it. In the bathroom they taped over a missing light switch and just painted over the tape. The carpet is sticky. This place is way to expensive for this nasty of a room. I feel like I should be renting it by the hour not the day.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are going to be sure to take everything you said into consideration and do our best to make our hotel better for our guests! Thanks again!