“Clean, quiet, and great breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Alexandria

Ramada Alexandria
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Baltimore, MD
“Clean, quiet, and great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Ramada is an inexpensive motel along a stretch of bypass dominated by motels, most of which are twice the price of the Ramada. Don't spend $120-40 at the new motels; the Ramada can give you what you need at less than half the price.The staff is friendly and the sausage gravy is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
s8macarthur, General Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments. WE strive hard to make our hotel affordable and get a great breakfast. I think we are doing that. Hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Duncan, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

we were here one night, room we were in was shabby, carpert very worn. Price too high for condition. Bfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WE are hoping to will be upgraded soon. I really think our rooms are in great shape and I know they are very clean. Hope to see you soon.
madisonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night while I had two booked.. --- While I booked it 2 -3 months in advance & had pre-paid to get the discount, I still was not able to get the room I reserved. We needed two beds & got a king bed with a sofa bed so we checked out the next day & moved to Courtyard which was nice but double price..Ramada was quiet & clean & cheap.... If you are on a budget & need a cheap clean room for a night or two, you should be able to handle this...... If you can afford a little more, I would... It is close to a lot of fast food places.. It was nicer a few years ago -- Don't think they have done a lot to upgrade...

Room Tip: clean & cheap & quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sorry you did not get room you requested. We are working on trying to update some things but as you know that does take time. Thank you for staying with us and we are a great value for the money.
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a long road trip. We had no issues with check in or check out. The hotel is centrally located along the Interstate, and is within a five minute drive to a ton of restaurants and several grocery stores. The rooms are average - they look a little worn, but they were clean. The bathroom was a little small, but had a great showerhead with lots of pressure. Mini fridge and microwave in the room were convenient, and there were no issues with getting on the free internet. I give a thumbs up to the breakfast - when most hotels say they have a "Continental breakfast", it turns out to be a couple types of cereal, some bagels, juice, milk and coffee. The Ramada breakfast was nice - eggs, bacon, waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, and plenty of the "standard" stuff (bagels, cereal, milk, coffee, juices, etc). It's a great value for the price and I would go again. The only complaint we had is that the A/C was a bit noisy and it didn't get the room quite as cool as we would have liked it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your very nice comments. I do appreciate your business and your comments. That is great to hear. We do have a great breakfast and great rooms.
Please come to see us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quite. They have wifi and a mini fridge. This is not a 5 star hotel but you really can't beat it for the price. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad you had a nice stay. Please come see us again
fletcher
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here after dropping troops at Ft. Polk. It was a good location with a bunch of places to eat within walking distance. The rooms were clean and the price very reasonable. The breakfast in the morning was okay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
s8macarthur, Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments. We appreciate your business
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was shocked when I took my vacation to Alexandria, LA. I actually work for Wyndham which manages Ramada Hotels. I must say that the Check-in which includes my Overall Experience was very poor in service. My Check-Out experience was very nice. I believe her name is Theresa at Ramada Alexandria. I even went and gave her an ice cream from Sonic. I must start that the Guest Service Agent upon check-in is very rude and arrogant. His attitude really stands out, and shocked that his attitude represents Wyndham. He did not inform me anything about the authorization of my full stay amount of 265.65. I resided there from May 13-20, 2012. When I asked him about that the next day, he replied rudely, “Well, did you not see the sign?” I had to speak to Patricia Nall, General Manager of Ramada. She told me in order to remove the authorization; I would need to contact my bank. I went to the bank and which I had to sit down with the Branch Manager. He faxed over what I needed to the hotel. I also gave them to Patricia Nall, whom with attitude she said she will fax and the amount should fall off very shortly. Well the next day upon checking my account, I did notice that the authorization DID NOT fall off. I went back to the back to speak with the Bank Branch Manager whom said he spoken with the manager and gave her the number to fax. When I asked her about that, she yelled,” Do I have to send it to customer service #? Are you crazy? That is your fault”. I informed the Guest Service Agent whom is the same one who processed my arrival that the fax the she (Patricia Nall) sent was incorrect. The authorization was dated 05/24 on my banking account although the fax stated 05/23. I told him that I would need him to “make this 3 into a 4”. I even showed him the bank document. He stated that is forgery and is against the law. He refused. I don’t understand all this disrespect. I was immediately furious and began researching where else can I stay. I went to look at another hotel, yet my mother told me that I should stay at the Ramada and look over their attitudes. Well the good news is, after contacting my bank, they stated they received the fax and she removed off within the next hour. I did pay cash for my stay there. My mother was with me from May 13-16. What struck me; I was awakened from my sleep in fear. My door was being opened from my mother. I panicked and asked my mother how you got in. My mother stated a housekeeper gave her a key. I explained to my mother that is a serious infraction in all hotels and resorts. Thank God that was only my mother. I did not give the Front Desk any additional names that would be residing in my room. I am sending you some pictures that I have taken. I really think that corporate needs to send an Internal Auditor to this resort and also some members of corporate office without letting this hotel know. I am very familiar on how to provide guest service. Ultimately, it may be best to remove the flag from this hotel from the Ramada and Wyndham Worldwide itself, allowing it to have its own name. I have been in the hospitality business for a number of years.

Do you want an employee handing a key to your room without permission?
Do you want to be disrespected by the staff including the uncaring General Manager, Patricia Nall?

Soda Machine out of order
Copy Machine out of order
Soap Dish is barely on the wall

I am in communication with the Ramada Worldwide and Wyndham Hotel Group in regards to this matter. If you want to stay at within the Wyndham Hotel Group in Alexandria, go to Baymont Inn.

I actually work for Wyndham, and if I have a attitude of Patricia Nall and the staff, I would very likely be terminated from my employment. Treat yourself and don't gross yourself.

Room Tip: DO NOT GO TO SUPER 8 OR RAMADA IN ALEXANDRIA. I would like to know why this room did not receive a p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dmario J
, Manager at Ramada Alexandria, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
First of all you cant say anything about Super 8, since you never stayed there. You are an employee of Wyndham and should have know you credit card would be authorized. I did everything that I could to get that release and they did. If you have been in the hospitality business for that long you know that things happen at any hotel but they can be fixed. I am trying to fix all the little things that were wrong in your room. Ramada does not require us to have liners in the trash cans. My people are very good at their jobs and I would not trade any of them. They are good guest service agents. I'm sorry that you had that big up a problem at our hotel and we will do our best to make it better. Thank you for your comments. I will follow up on all of them