“very good enjoy”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed November 16, 2009

i was hesistant to stay here after reading some of the reviewa. howevermy family and I enjoyed our stay .Hema the lady at the front dest was so helpful and friendly.We willdefifinetely be back in a month and breakfast so good too.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed here recently with a few of my military colleagues for a week. We all enjoyed ourselves immensly. They had a nice hot breakfast in the morning with Belgian Waffles. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. The Free wi-fi was a definite bonus. I have to go on tour for two years but I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We arrived to cords tied around the handles of one entry door
torn and worn entry carpet
left closet door not installed, but leaned on closet frame
right closet door handle hanging by screw
expose wires above sink light
exposed hardware in bathroom ceiling
Had it not been so late we would have left, I have pictures and have written Choice Hotels about the condition of the room. The pictures are not quite accurate on the web site.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank BYLPB7415
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I styayed on 12th-14thjune for my sons baseball tournament,and my stay was very comfortable room was nice and clean,first day pool was not ready thay were working on it 2nd day pool was ready and we enjoyed it. staff was very friendly.breakfast was adequate. room was great for the price i paid.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I was very pleased with my Hotel stay at the Econo Lodge in Alexandria. We had a family reunion there and everything was perfect. The banquet was awesome and the food was amazing. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The pool wasnt open yet but that was ok , i was too busy having fun with my family. Overall i give it a A+. I was very happy. Thanks Econo Lodge for making my family reunion a success.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Staff was friendly. First room we checked into, had a STRONG mold/mildew smell. The sink was clogged with dirt which we had to personally unclog. Toilet was not bolted to the floor, closet bolts were missing and it was held to the floor with caulk. Outside lights had exposed wiring. Pool hadn't been cleaned and was a dark grass green. There were multiple bags of trash laying around the premises. Weird smells in the hallways. Staff did change our room without a problem, second room didn't stink. We had at least 50 people staying in the hotel and they reported multiple problems. The head of the cleaning staff was fired while we were there due to all of the complaints. Breakfast was marginal for a continental breakfast, eggs were frequently burned. 4 of the 7 days we were there, we did not have hot water. Hotel staff tried to tell us that we didn't know how to work the faucets, turned out their hot water heater had a major leak. If you gave this hotel a great rating, you must have stayed at another hotel and keyed this one by accident. Do not stay at this hotel

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank occasionaltraveler_9
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This is a former Clarion Hotel which ought to be closed and demolished. The staff is generally very nice, but I should have known something was amiss when the front desk clerk asked the maintenance man if room 203 was a "good" room. Apparently they only have a few. The one I got was pretty much OK, once we got the door open--it took a considerable shove with a shoulder. Oh, and most of the paint was chipped off the door. The public spaces are downright dangerous. A woman slipped and fell in the lobby, and was carted off by an ambulance while we were checking out. All of the tile floors had a thin coating of oil, apparently because a lot of oil field workers stay there, according to the front desk. There used to be a restaurant, but it's closed; the breakfast room is hidden away in a back corner. My wife and I both nearly fell down on the "oiled" floor there, too. The biscuits were great; everthing else was inedible. Don't stay here until and unless Choice/Econo Lodge do a major refurb.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family