“best stay ever”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed February 13, 2013

i & my wife checked-in at 12(midnight) found front desk very active, fast, heplfull and really good at english. we got surprised to see this, then next morning breakfast was great, really impressed. rooms were clean, freshly smelled..etc.

rooms are fully renovated with lcd and micro-fridge in it

all the employee working at econolodge were hardworking....

good stay and planning to visit soon.

Room Tip: 3rd building downstaris rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandee w
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was with my family,stayed @this motelit was ok for one night room was clean and good.in the morning afer having a breakfast i forget my camera and laptop in the lobby .we were searching for it and than we thought why not we call hotel,the f.d told us to call nextday so again we called next day to our surprise manager said he had it and collecy any time we like honesty.I recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mark t
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I will simply state that this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in!
We had to change rooms several times because they smelled like animal urine and things were broken and falling apart. The picture on the site was misleading to say the least. Broken windows, doors, and equipment made my wife feel very unsecured. It was dirty and not well maintained at all. Prices advertised online and advertised on the sign didn't match. They wouldn't honor their advertised price of $45 so I had to pay $20 more per night only because all other area hotels were full.
On a positive note, the beds were clean and comfortable but I would not recommend this hotel unless it was the last place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ipcuss00
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Terrible service. The room assigned was already being used. The receptionist had to call a manager that never answered, ended up giving us a handicapped smoking suite, with a Broken glass, broken sofa, no soap or shampoo. The light fixtures were down.

On the second room the mold was horrible and also found rat droppings. No options to move from this room. Ended up living the place asap next door hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank andrewhurt
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here last weekend, and my family and I had a great stay here. The pictures are outdated I am going to try to upload a few, once I get time. But the place is completely renovated, they have flat screens and everything new in the room. They had a great hot breakfast which saved me alot of money. My kids loved the hot waffles they made themselves. Overall I was very happy with my room and the staff was very friendly. The GM even let us have a late checkout cause we were late getting back from the Zoo. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

First, was woke up from 2 people fighting in the parking lot, then matters went down hill.
noticed that the door was not completly closed, about a 1/2 at the bottom half of door. Had to
put a shoe on window to keep the curtain to stay closed.
Morning the coffe pot would not work, went to front desk and they didn't even have coffee at the breakfast shop. Didn't know when they would, then no hot water to take shower. They couldn't
get any one to check, the maintance person didn't come to work till 10:00 a.m. the sheet didn't even fit the bed correctly.
The morning clerk was not helpful at all, didn't seem to care, and when I checked out the man at the desk was worst. I told him every thing that happen, and he could have cared less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DorothySeelbach
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I took pictures to report this hotel. Smelled of urine when I walked in the room. Tub faucet poured water out. Toilet handle was broken. The outlets in the room were out of the wall. There were not sheets, covers, or pillows on one of the beds and when I asked for some they wouldnt go get some for me. Hotel in general was very dirty.Room smelled dirty. It was about 11 at night when we got there and were extremly tired from traveling so that is why we did not leave. One of the beds was fairly comfy but there other was as hard as a rock. We didnt even take a bath in the morning we just got up and left. It was absolutly horrible. I would not my dog to ever even stay here again. The A/C unit did not work properly in either rooms so we were a little warm all night. For the 150 that we paid we expected atleast a little more cleanlinest and helpfulness. Who ever gives the hotel good reviews has no expectaions. Next time I will listen to the reviews. Also I am not that hard to please but this was totally unexeptable.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 205 for sure
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family