“A bad first impression!!!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I will simply state that this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in!
We had to change rooms several times because they smelled like animal urine and things were broken and falling apart. The picture on the site was misleading to say the least. Broken windows, doors, and equipment made my wife feel very unsecured. It was dirty and not well maintained at all. Prices advertised online and advertised on the sign didn't match. They wouldn't honor their advertised price of $45 so I had to pay $20 more per night only because all other area hotels were full.
On a positive note, the beds were clean and comfortable but I would not recommend this hotel unless it was the last place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ipcuss00

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Terrible service. The room assigned was already being used. The receptionist had to call a manager that never answered, ended up giving us a handicapped smoking suite, with a Broken glass, broken sofa, no soap or shampoo. The light fixtures were down.

On the second room the mold was horrible and also found rat droppings. No options to move from this room. Ended up living the place asap next door hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank andrewhurt
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here last weekend, and my family and I had a great stay here. The pictures are outdated I am going to try to upload a few, once I get time. But the place is completely renovated, they have flat screens and everything new in the room. They had a great hot breakfast which saved me alot of money. My kids loved the hot waffles they made themselves. Overall I was very happy with my room and the staff was very friendly. The GM even let us have a late checkout cause we were late getting back from the Zoo. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

First, was woke up from 2 people fighting in the parking lot, then matters went down hill.
noticed that the door was not completly closed, about a 1/2 at the bottom half of door. Had to
put a shoe on window to keep the curtain to stay closed.
Morning the coffe pot would not work, went to front desk and they didn't even have coffee at the breakfast shop. Didn't know when they would, then no hot water to take shower. They couldn't
get any one to check, the maintance person didn't come to work till 10:00 a.m. the sheet didn't even fit the bed correctly.
The morning clerk was not helpful at all, didn't seem to care, and when I checked out the man at the desk was worst. I told him every thing that happen, and he could have cared less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DorothySeelbach
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I took pictures to report this hotel. Smelled of urine when I walked in the room. Tub faucet poured water out. Toilet handle was broken. The outlets in the room were out of the wall. There were not sheets, covers, or pillows on one of the beds and when I asked for some they wouldnt go get some for me. Hotel in general was very dirty.Room smelled dirty. It was about 11 at night when we got there and were extremly tired from traveling so that is why we did not leave. One of the beds was fairly comfy but there other was as hard as a rock. We didnt even take a bath in the morning we just got up and left. It was absolutly horrible. I would not my dog to ever even stay here again. The A/C unit did not work properly in either rooms so we were a little warm all night. For the 150 that we paid we expected atleast a little more cleanlinest and helpfulness. Who ever gives the hotel good reviews has no expectaions. Next time I will listen to the reviews. Also I am not that hard to please but this was totally unexeptable.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 205 for sure
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank toupsm
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here back in march, and had nothing good to say about this hotel, I should have listened to myself. It is run down, the staff does not care, the pool was green, the toilet seat was about to fall off, there was used linen in the bathroom, TV remote did not work and they had no others, maint said the would come program mine but that never happened. I had to go to the front desk for an ashtray for my smoking room, but they had none. I had to unplug the light because the switch was broken, Stay FAR FAR away from this hotel, maybe if they don't get any business they will close it down and bulldoze it, as it needs to be!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven T
Reviewed May 24, 2012

WOW,I will never sty at this place again NO MATTER WHAT. Rented 3 rooms for friday and saturday night,for a softball tourney as this was the "host"hotel. Upon going into our rooms noticed it was very hot in lobby which should have been a sign. Went into our room to a temp of at least 90,when they said the ac was put on earlier which was a lie because it was off,after unpacking a few things we went join friends at the poolside for a few drinks,noticed pool was VERY dirty and hadnt been cleaned in forever. Went back to room to retrieve some plying cards to discover key wouldnt let me in room,wellI found out why key didnt work,it was because the dorr to the room wouldnt locked,so went get a different room and that one was worse than before it stunk,sheets were dirty,shower was filthy and the heater blew colder air than the ac,so we took our chances in room with door that didnt lock. Breakfast was TERRIBLE,waffle machine didnt work,milk was 2 weeks past due,cereal stale. We had to wait or 5 hours to get clean towels,id rather sleep in a ditch than waste another penny sleeping at this hole in the wall dump. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY THE PICTURES MUST BE FROM A PLACE FAR FAR AWAY.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple