“Filthy Bathroom - Threadbare Carpet - Bad Water Softener”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Coral Springs, Florida
“Filthy Bathroom - Threadbare Carpet - Bad Water Softener”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The bathroom tub has body dirt built up so bad that the resulting stains must be scrubbed to remove. The ceiling paint is peeling. The wallpaper is peeling, mold is growing in the corners of the floor, the carpet at the work desk is threadbare, the water softener is set so high that it is nearly impossible to wash the soap from your body. The very friendly front desk stated that they have very hard water and must have the softener set that high to avoid stains in the toilets. This was my 2nd assigned room. The 1st assigned room was much dirtier and neither the phone or the TV worked. I will stay somewhere else when visiting Alexandria in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Hotel was nice. For me it was in a great area being so close to the airport. There is a Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, Burger King and two gas stations within walking distance. It is also really close to a main railroad so you will hear trains go by day and night. I like trains so it wasn't an issue for me. THE HOTEL BREAKFAST WAS FANTASTIC!! Those little omelets were AWESOME!! That alone would make me stay here again. The beds were pretty comfortable. The room, lobby and halls were all nicely decorated with newer carpet and furnishings. I loved the pictures on the walls. My room and bathroom were nice and roomy. I loved the 24 hour coffee station in the lobby. I loved the pod type coffee maker in the room very quick and simple to use!! I didn't have too much dealings with the staff, but the ones I did deal with were nice.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
First, I found a few P ubes on the bathroom floor around the toilet and tub. This was when I first got to the room so I know they were not mine. Second, the shelf underneath the towels had a lot of dust build up. One could conclude that it hadn't been dusted in some time, which makes no sense because housekeeping would have to see it when restocking the towels everyday. Third, the curtains and the dust ruffle on the bed had some kind of liquid stains on them, they just need a good washing. Lastly, I got put in a smoking room when I asked for Non-smoking. Since I booked with priceline I was told by the desk clerk that it was priceline's fault and they couldn't relocate me to another room. The Hotel was not busy at all that night, I'm sure there was another room available where I could have been moved to. However, the desk clerk said that the manager "frowns" upon that. I frown upon smelling like an ashtray's butt hole, but what can you do..All in all I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in and around the surrounding area..

NOTE TO MANAGER WHO FROWNS: Priceline customers are your customers as well. Just because they don't book directly with the hotel doesn't mean they should receive different service. Stop frowning you'll get wrinkles.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank scoobies
Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Brand new Hampton Inn at Alexandria, close to the highway and airport. No problems with the hotel but it was a bit overpriced for the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bengali2006
Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here recently while traveling for a job interview. This is a very nice hotel that is very well maintained, and the staff - from the front desk personnel to housekeeping - was top notch. The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon were great and much appreciated! We chose to eat breakfast elsewhere but it was not due to the food offered; the breakfast looked appetizing and plentiful. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Candee B
Louisiana
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My kids and I stayed at the Hampton Inn while my husband was on a business trip in Alexandria. We hung around the hotel pool during the day while he was in meetings. It was small but nice and very clean. The staff was kind enough to open the pool early and never appeared put out by our requests for fresh pool towels. My only complaint is the sewage stinch that would appear every so often. I did not bring this to anyone's attention as it was likely that nothing could be done anyway.
The hotel was clean, decor nice, and beds comfy. The breakfast was very good and had something for each of us. My kids loved getting hot chocolate from the lobby before bed.
The staff at the front desk and in housekeeping were all so friendly and helpful.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay - a typical Hampton Inn with an exceptional staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mzb001
Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Coming into Alexandria at 11pm, we were looking for a hotel just for an overnight stay on our way to New Orleans. Picked the Hampton Inn since we have always chosen Hampton Inn's in the past. Very satisfied with our stay. The rooms are nicely updated and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very nice and the staff was friendly. The hotel appeared very clean and nice overall. I can't speak for the fitness room or pool since we didn't use either but we enjoyed our stay there and will stay there again on any of our trips to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bella1949
DC
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I'm in the Military and was on TDY to Ft Polk. I flew into Alexandria and discovered that the airlines had lost my luggage. I had to stay in Alexandria to retrieve my bags later that night so I found the Hampton nearby.

I inquired at the front desk as to what the military per diem rate is and was quoted at $95/ night. Having stayed with the Hilton Family before, I never questioned the rate.

Upon returning to home station I find out that the actual military per diem rate is only $70/ night. So I figured that a call to the hotel would fix the problem. After several phone calls to the hotel staff, manager, and Hilton Family, I am still not satisfied with the answer I received, "we apologize, but there is nothing we can do".

The front desk staff deliberately lied to my face and the Hilton Family is not willing to settle this matter. I DO NOT recommend that any Military Service Men and Women stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business